• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Huxley and their pay delay tactics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huxley and their pay delay tactics

Has anyone else been completely d*cked around by Huxley Associates Account Dept.?

I started a new contract at the end of Jan and invoiced for 2 days work ..... I sent an invoice the format of which has been acceptable to all other agencies for over 4 years and was advised a week after receipt that the invoice couldn't be paid as it was incorrect and that addressee needed to be Huxley Associates International Ltd not Huxley Associates as all their other paperwork shows - I made the change and returned the invoice.

Now 10 days after the receipt of the second invoice I am advised that the invoice needs to have my limited company number on it ....... so, the invoice remains unpaid ....... and it's for such a small amount .....

Who knows what they'll come up with next ........ Am I mistaken or is it not up to me to decide what goes on the invoice? I had thought the only legal requirement was to put the VAT number if you are charging VAT ...... seems I'm mistaken

Give em a ring and find out what the problem is now.

But usually for an invoice as long as it has your registered company details on it you should be fine, as this will be submitted with their timesheet eh.

Mailman

Comment

You're probably right. But slap all the numbers you can think of on it anyway. When it comes to getting people to give you money, best to make it as easy as possible for them and not get in a huff about it.

Comment

Thanks, I know you're right ..... it's all part of life as a contractor .... but, I'm still in a huff ...... but, marginally calmer .....

Comment

I'm after a couple of jobs through Huxley at the moment, so I'll definitely be checking exactly who I'm meant to be invoicing before I start. So thanks for the warning.

Having the Ltd. company number is normal though I would have thought? But I still don't think that's grounds for not paying it. I've noticed now that applying for jobs via jobserve some agencies want your company number and VAT number there and then.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

For the benefit of those who missed the S3 threads on B&C, you could always try avoiding Hoaxley and their ilk altogether. Life seems to run more smoothly that way, I find.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              For the benefit of those who missed the S3 threads on B&C, you could always try avoiding Hoaxley and their ilk altogether. Life seems to run more smoothly that way, I find.
              Seconded.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you are invoicing as a company you need to include your company number and address on the invoice. Its like the first thing you should get taught by your accountant if you didn't already know.

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
                  If you are invoicing as a company you need to include your company number and address on the invoice. Its like the first thing you should get taught by your accountant if you didn't already know.
                  I believe that these 2 items are legally required on all company correspondence.

Comment

Wooden spoon

I sent them a wooden spoon a few years ago, after all the chasing I had to do for a 10 day contract.

Avoid, unless really no other choice

Comment

Working...
                    X