• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to wartime cooking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    You've got a point, so feed them the best quality you can and give them the best possible start and a lasting appreciation of quality food. Or go to Iceland and feed them crap.
    best affordable quality you can
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      You wouldn't have as much expendable income as now, at a guess. Wanging your willy about on how much you spend without even checking the reciept. Nice for you, but not everyone has that luxury!
      Is this a contractor's forum? Quality food doesn't cost that much extra in real terms.

My expendible income may perhaps change if I had a family true, but I would never skimp on the quality of food I would provide.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

You've got a point, so feed them the best quality you can and give them the best possible start and a lasting appreciation of quality food. Or go to Iceland and feed them crap.
        At what point did I mention Iceland? There's a happy medium.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Is this a contractor's forum? Quality food doesn't cost that much extra in real terms.

My expendible income may perhaps change if I had a family true, but I would never skimp on the quality of food I would provide.
          What's being a contractor got to do with it?

My point was that your view of SY being 'tight' isn't fair. I don't need educating on quality food, ta v much.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

At what point did I mention Iceland? There's a happy medium.
            The happy medium doesn't mean breaking the bank or hitting the freezer shops, paying extra for quality needn't be a luxury but simply a mindset, my choice to ignore the till receipt is an illustration of my lifestyle nothing more.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

What's being a contractor got to do with it?
              Look around the posts here, being a contractor implies a better than average income and that's true in my case. I was being tongue in cheek 'accusing' suity of being tight, I don't know his circumstances or anyone else's on here.

Seems I've touched a nerve MP.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

You're a contractor and complaining about the cost of food?

All the years I spent at ClientCo away from home, different countries, one of the few pleasures was trying every restaurant I could find. Don't think I ever shopped in a supermarket during that time.

Nowadays I shop in the most expensive place around here because the quality is better and that's all that counts for me, couldn't even tell you what the bill comes to as I never look at the till or receipt.

Always eat the best quality IMHO.
                WHS. Jeeves does the shopping. I have no idea what it costs.

You wouldn't have as much expendable income as now, at a guess. Wanging your willy about on how much you spend without even checking the reciept. Nice for you, but not everyone has that luxury!
                You should've hooked up to the MF gravy chain like Mrs MF did. I'm fairly certain she has Jeeves checks the receipts, and I do think that Tarquin wastes an awful amount of lobster what with him only being two and dropping it all, but on the bright side, the servants can eat likes Kings once they've cleared his scraps up.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You should've hooked up to the MF gravy chain like Mrs MF did. I'm fairly certain she has Jeeves checks the receipts, and I do think that Tarquin wastes an awful amount of lobster what with him only being two and dropping it all, but on the bright side, the servants can eat likes Kings once they've cleared his scraps up.
                  You're lucky it snowed.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Why would that make a difference? Do they eat tuliploads of food?
                    Yes, when they're 19 and 16 years old. They eat like horses.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                      Yes, when they're 19 and 16 years old. They eat like horses.
                      At 19 and 16 they should be paying their own way.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X