• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasses-less 3D TV...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Sorry, poor explanation on my part.

There are several ways to create a 3D image without the use of glasses... Most involve additional layers of LCD or lenses, to block certain viewing angles so that the alternating picture can reach each eye properly. The downside with this method is that if you shift in your seat whilst watching, you may well lose the 3D image.
    If your eyes are 3 inches apart, and you shift 3 inches to the left, does that now mean the image that should have been going to your left eye is going to your right, and vice-versa?

And that would make all the 3D backwards - everything would stick out of the screen when it was meant to be in the distance.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      If your eyes are 3 inches apart, and you shift 3 inches to the left, does that now mean the image that should have been going to your left eye is going to your right, and vice-versa?

And that would make all the 3D backwards - everything would stick out of the screen when it was meant to be in the distance.
      Ugh! It'd be like one of those magiceye pictures from yesteryear where it all goes wrong and crosseyed and the image is inverted.

But, no, it wouldn't matter, you'd still see the right image, your eyes would be seeing the other image but your brain wouldn't know the difference... Have you tried using the stereoscopic glasses back to front at the cinema? It still looks the same.
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Alternatively, we can't be far off being able to fire very low powered laser beams into each eye separately, which would do away with the big box and screen altogether. You could even watch two programmes at once.
        I agree. Of course then the 'TV' would be rated on how many people could watch it at once.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Yeah but would you want to test the prototype?
        It's pretty similar to eye-tracking software used in laser-eye surgery, if TW and I are thinking along the same lines... sort of like Kinect but tracking your eyes so two images can be beamed in directly.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I agree. Of course then the 'TV' would be rated on how many people could watch it at once.

It's pretty similar to eye-tracking software used in laser-eye surgery, if TW and I are thinking along the same lines... sort of like Kinect but tracking your eyes so two images can be beamed in directly.
          It was the laser generated image on the retina that was disturbing.

I must admit that it was a bit of an "in" joke too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
            Owing to an unfortunate sight issue I only see in 2d (exciting parking) - I'm concerned that in future all screens will be 3d.

Am I right to be concerned?

Tone

No. People all over the world have issues with 3D, from headaches to some level of visual impairment.

Pushing ahead with 3D only screens would be akin to only allowing white people to go to the cinema.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              No. People all over the world have issues with 3D, from headaches to some level of visual impairment.

Pushing ahead with 3D only screens would be akin to only allowing white people to go to the cinema.
              That's a crap analogy.

Comment

Working...
              X