• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Toothy dilemma

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    No, but a shag from the hygienist would be appreciated
    Get him to trim his beard first.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      The nerve in one of my upper molars is dying.

Visited the dentist and the options are tooth removal or root canal/crown.

Erring on the side of root canal/crown, as I don't want a gap there if the tooth is removed, but the mere thought of this treatment is making me wince.

And the cost of this prospective pain? A snip at £750.

Really not sure what to do.

Who's had this done and how did things work out?
      I had one done by an NHS practise - I think it cost £200 all in. Definitely the crown is the way to go. However, in my case the tooth under the first crown became very brittle and broke entirely off leaving just a stump. So I now have a second crown mounted on the stump. That should last for around 10years when I'll have to get it replaced. But its far better than a bridge.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
      X