• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Campbell says he never used net

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campbell says he never used net

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4731764.stm

This caught my eye - blatantly untrue of course, but what is he trying to spin now?

This happened in Feb last year:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4247237.stm

Just spoke to trev. think tbwa shd give statement to newsnight saying party and agency work together well and nobody here has spoken to standard. Posters done by by tbwa according to political brief. Now **** off and cover something important you twats!
    So why the press piece now? Obviously he has recently re-joined Labour's election campaign. Has a newspaper uncovered some of the Spin Meister's darkest operations and he's counter-attacking?
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

He tried to have us believe that the British Lions tour to New Zealand was a qualified success. It made Clive Woodward look a c***, because unlike ordinary voters, rugby fans tend to know their stuff, and knew it was b*ll*cks.

I just wish he'd feck off back to Burnley and die.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 21 February 2006, 14:05.

Comment

Then where did this story come from?

Campbell suffers the curse of the Blackberry emailer

Tania Branigan and Jackie Ashley
      Wednesday February 9, 2005
      The Guardian

Alastair Campbell was at the centre of attacks on Labour's campaigning style after accidentally sending BBC journalists an email which expressed his disdain for the corporation in even stronger language than usual.
      The former Downing Street communications chief inflamed the row about aggressive election tactics by mistakenly send ing the message to BBC's Newsnight programme on Monday. The programme had been looking into his role as the initiator of controversial Labour campaign posters depicting the Tory leader, Michael Howard, as a flying pig that were alleged by some to be anti-semitic.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The message, from his portable Blackberry emailer, had been intended for a colleague. It read: "**** off and cover something important you twats!" In a second email to the BBC he blamed his mistake on the fact he was "not very good at this email Blackberry malarkey", adding: "Campbell swears shock. Final sentence of earlier email probably a bit colourful and personal considering we have never actually met but I'm sure you share the same sense of humour as your star presenter Mr P[axman]."
      The Conservatives rounded on Mr Campbell, with the Tory chairman, Liam Fox, saying that his return to the election campaign fold had resulted in "sinister and underhand tactics" from Labour.

The escalating accusations about aggressive campaigning come amid warnings that harsh and personalised debate will alienate voters. Peter Wardle, the head of the Electoral Commission, said people could become fed up with all parties in the run-up to the general election, predicted for May 5. In an interview today with the Guardian, he warned: "The evidence is pretty clear that if you take negative campaigning too far, it starts to have an adverse effect."

Last night Mr Campbell vowed to remain in Labour's campaign team. Dismissing the email furore as "silly fuss", he said he recognised he was an obvious focus for attacks on "spin", particularly since his feud with the BBC over its coverage of the dossier on weapons of mass destruction.

He said: "[The Tories] are going to keep hammering on because we run a very professional, disciplined campaign and operation. The political press is obsessed with certain personalities. I'm one of them."

He added: "This is the biggest fuss over nothing since the last fuss over nothing."

Campbell is a lying get!

================================================== ======

This story clearly states that he sent mail from his blackberry
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Bloke lies so much he doesn't even realise he contradicts himself in the self same article.

(I'm talking of the original article, not the BBC report on the article)
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Bloke lies so much he doesn't even realise he contradicts himself in the self same article.
          Oh, the irony!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            I just wish he'd feck off back to Burnley and die.
            It's a bit harsh on Burnley to enflict Campbell on them. Or is is just desserts for inflicting Campbell on the rest of us?

Comment

Burnley is a sh1thole so this sh1t should fit in well.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X