• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For anyone who thinks buying gold now is a bad idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Who wouldn't buy it for £19,080.00/kg for 22 Caret that Tesco quote? Bullion vault is quoting £28,970/kg for pure gold. Does it cost 40% of the price to refine it that extra 9%?

That's last year's prices

Comment

Ah, so even in gold Tesco somehow found "cheap" tulip quality stuff that isn't the real deal...

Comment

Gold looks ready for a price correction to me MIght be worth waiting a bit before buying..

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I buy at points using the slow stochastic oscillator as a signal for oversold.

Comment

You mean on dips?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              You mean on dips?
              If you want to be technical, yes, on dips.

Comment

If that head & shoulders/triple top and MACD divergence are anything to go by a break of the trendline/neckline could cause a bit of short term selling. Could be a nice short, but would be against the uptrend though..

Ideally I'd like to short it if it breaks to the downside then take profits and go long when (if!) it resumes the uptrend

For now I'm going to wait and see. I think buying with that chart pattern and divergence is asking for trouble.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Helicopter Ben is hinting at QE III

I'll put my neck on the line,

and dip in au is tree shaking to remove the weak

until the world fundamentals consistently begin to turn blue with a sustainable blueness, au is going nowhere but remaining strong and growing

that's my view

still makes I laugh, when Benes Invoicing Ltd guided by quality research began moving into AU in late 2005 and discussing it on here, you lot laughed

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

until the world fundamentals consistently begin to turn blue with a sustainable blueness, au is going nowhere but remaining strong and growing

that's my view

still makes I laugh, when Benes Invoicing Ltd guided by quality research began moving into AU in late 2005 and discussing it on here, you lot laughed

Milan.
                    lAUghed

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

that's my view

Milan.
                      How much wonga you got in shiny gold, and is it paper gold or real gold under the bed?

Comment

Working...
                      X