• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever drunk your own urine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It doesn't make a lot of sense for many reasons
    Why? The digestive tract uses energy to overcome osmosis... IIRC something like 80% of the water that is excreted at one point is then reabsorbed later, or something like that anyway. Doesn't mean the thing's not a myth for other reasons of course.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Why? The digestive tract uses energy to overcome osmosis... IIRC something like 80% of the water that is excreted at one point is then reabsorbed later, or something like that anyway. Doesn't mean the thing's not a myth for other reasons of course.
      I had the worst tulips of my life in Bali a couple of months ago, I was drinking 2 litres of water an hour to replace what was coming out the other side. I thought that not drinking water would eventually stop the runs but it was explained to me that the water is taken out the system in the upper intestine and the body is flushing the bowel out by pushing the water back in at a later stage. Fluid intake or no fluid intake the body will still be pouring water into the bowel.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I had the worst tulips of my life in Bali a couple of months ago, I was drinking 2 litres of water an hour to replace what was coming out the other side. I thought that not drinking water would eventually stop the runs but it was explained to me that the water is taken out the system in the upper intestine and the body is flushing the bowel out by pushing the water back in at a later stage. Fluid intake or no fluid intake the body will still be pouring water into the bowel.
        I had this mate right, went to bali didnt he. he only went and drank the water. After all my warnings

shat himself to death he did. 18 stone when he went out there, only weighed 9 pounds eleven ounces when he came back. just a bit of wrinkled skin and a worn out anus, that was all that was left. tragic. tragic

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bali is just a toxic place to westeners, got a bite on my big toe there about 10 years ago and my leg looked like a Callaway Big Bertha.

Comment

Bali is just a toxic place to westeners, got a bite on my big toe there about 10 years ago and my leg looked like a Callaway Big Bertha.
            you try telling them son. they dont listen.

blah blah blah. thats all they hear. im sure they think Im making half of it up.

listen, talking about Glasgow, did I ever tell you about my mate ??

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              just a bit of wrinkled skin and a worn out anus

I'm sure there's a joke there about a CUK poster, but buggered if I can see it.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                I'm sure there's a joke there about a CUK poster, but buggered if I can see it.
                tragic. tragic it was.
                I suggested stretching him out and using him as a Japanese flag, but they wouldnt have it. said it was undignified

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

So which one of us is going to test the theory?

No drinking water for two days and squirting salty fluid up the back passage for hydration.

Comment

No drinking water for two days and squirting salty fluid up the back passage for hydration.
                    We've all done that one, eh MF.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

from what your missus says, it has to go further up. maybe some sort of tube is required

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X