• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever drunk your own urine?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do I get the feeling that MF is dying to try half a pint of suity's.
    straight from the tap

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      Didn't Bear Grylls give himself an enema using his own urine once?
      I don't know but he did fashion himself a canteen from a snake he killed and skinned, and filled it with his own 'water'. I guess in the desert, warm snake-tinged wee is preferable to death but in normal life a tap is preferable IMO.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I think I read something about Bear Grylls where he said if you have only salt water to drink you should get it up your back passage where the body will take in the liquid and filter out the salt.

Who finds these things out?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I think I read something about Bear Grylls where he said if you have only salt water to drink you should get it up your back passage where the body will take in the liquid and filter out the salt.

Who finds these things out?
          Michael Barrymore.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We were taught that in GCSE biology. So if you end up in the sea, tread water with your feet and hold your cheeks apart with your hands.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

"And your last desert island disk minestrone?"

"can I have one of the thin plastic ones that you used to get on the cover of Smash Hits, I can shape it into a funnel and ram it up my..."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                We were taught that in GCSE biology. So if you end up in the sea, tread water with your feet and hold your cheeks apart with your hands.
                It's proably a myth. More likely is that water will pass from your intestine into the salt water and dilute it, dehydrating you further. Drinking your wee when dehydrated will probably dehydrate you further too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  It's proably a myth. More likely is that water will pass from your intestine into the salt water and dilute it, dehydrating you further. Drinking your wee when dehydrated will probably dehydrate you further too.
                  Its definately not a myth. I remember reading of a yatchwoman and her daughters who were cast adrift in an open boat. She was a trained nurse and kept the family alive by forcing seawater up their bums. She also used a pair of tights as a drag net to catch algea which they ate.
                  They were rescued after a few weeks, but rather than thank the mum for saving them, none of the daughters ever spoke to her again.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Its definately not a myth. I remember reading of a yatchwoman and her daughters who were cast adrift in an open boat. She was a trained nurse and kept the family alive by forcing seawater up their bums. She also used a pair of tights as a drag net to catch algea which they ate.
                    They were rescued after a few weeks, but rather than thank the mum for saving them, none of the daughters ever spoke to her again.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for many reasons. Anyway here is what people calling themselves doctors say:

Comment

'Apparently' the large bowel will not take in water, only the small bowel, and it will take quite a bit of effort to get fluid up that far.

So says the girly.

Possible but improbable.

Comment

Working...
                      X