• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sense of Sun Readers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Eh? Whats cheaper, a bullet to the head (or 2 if they've got a thick skull) or 20 years of being mollycoddled by a society which allows prisoners to have all the amenities that many normal folk don't(*)? I agree with the moral issues though...

(*) Been reading about that riot in the open prison where they didn't like the fact they were not allowed to have alcohol which is against the rules anyway. Where the hell did they get it from in the first place? Plus they had a new recreation wing which had 10 new pool tables, GTF, no wonder people commit crimes if this is the type of lifestyle you get when put away...
    What's cheaper? It depends what price you put on an innocent man's life really. That's why you have to have appeals, death row, etc.

As to the open prison, afaik the folk that might be eligible for execution don't tend to go to an open prison (it does happen, but it's rare). Pool tables might be nice, but you've still not got any freedom so I'm not sure it's all tulips and giggles.

And as to the "life should mean life" thing, I might be wrong and am happy to be corrected if I am, but I believe life does mean life, it just doesn't necessarily mean life behind bars. I thought a life sentence meant X number of years in prison, then for the rest of your life you have to report to a parole officer. Unless a judge specifically orders a whole life sentence of course.

Comment

After Hillsborough you have to have your head screwed on the wrong way round to read that paper.

Comment

Working...
      X