• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joanna Yeates sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabak got banged up for murder, hopefully I won't have to hear "The landscape architect Joanna Yates...." again.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Tabak got banged up for murder, hopefully I won't have to hear "The landscape architect Joanna Yates...." again.
      Why not. She was brutally murdered for your 15 mins of entertainment it seems, let her have her 15 mins of fame before she's another forgotten statistic.

Comment

Things have gone oddly quiet on the story of the landlord. Either this means that some parts of the press have paid him off, or they do have something on him they're threatening to reveal if he kicks up a fuss about their original articles on him.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I remember that he was threatening to sue earier in the year. They've probably paid out a big whack before they got crucifed again.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The landlord was on the news last night being interviewed about how the accusations affected him.

Still an odd fellow.

Though if oddness infers guilt that may explain why certain 'characters' only appear on CUK sporadically. When they get day release.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Why not. She was brutally murdered for your 15 mins of entertainment it seems, let her have her 15 mins of fame before she's another forgotten statistic.
              Plenty of murders happen every week, this one got 15 months of fame. If she was black or from Sasgurus estate we wouldnt have heard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                Plenty of murders happen every week, this one got 15 months of fame. If she was black or from Sasgurus estate we wouldnt have heard about it.
                Depends on how interesting the story is and whether it's doing the rounds on twitter.

The press are really lazy........
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  Things have gone oddly quiet on the story of the landlord. Either this means that some parts of the press have paid him off, or they do have something on him they're threatening to reveal if he kicks up a fuss about their original articles on him.
                  They all settled out of court.

Interesting in crime watch tonight they say Tabak had pointed the finger at landlord about moving his car on the night of the murder. They only let the landlord go when his DNA did not match.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    He sued 7 papers and won, he also gave an interview on R4 the other morning though I didn't hear it as I arrived at client site before he was on.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X