• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Richmond from the IT crowd based on BGG?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Richmond from the IT crowd based on BGG?

Richmond is the rarely seen fourth character in the team. His dirty red office door in the wall behind Roy's desk looks like a rather unassuming gateway to Dante's lower levels. Richmond has a ghoulish complexion only a goth of his devotion could carry off but assures us he does not wear makeup. This gentle-spirited but very spooky guy drifts accros the screen like a spectre's shadow.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Never seen the programme, so I can't possibly comment.

Does he have dyed hair or wear proper Goth gear at work ? Unless he turns up for work dressed as Marilyn Manson, then he's not really making an effort, is he ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
      Does he have dyed hair or wear proper Goth gear at work ? Unless he turns up for work dressed as Marilyn Manson, then he's not really making an effort, is he ?

He looked fairly convincing.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Is it any good this? I saw the first one but thought it was a bit cack. Has it got any better?
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          Is it any good this? I saw the first one but thought it was a bit cack. Has it got any better?
          I saw the one where they make up a lonely hearts ad and go on a date in a kiddies restaurant. I thought it was excellent. But the one with the wet and pathetic goth was dreadful. They should sack the useless actor who plays him.

Oddly enough he is a dead ringer for someone I used to work with: a snooty Anglo-Swede called Dan. He was a right tosspot.

Comment

I thought the Goth guy was good. He's the bloke out of Nathan Barley and The Mighty Boosh, certainly an IT stereotype but an apt one.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

a snooty Anglo-Swede called Dan. He was a right tosspot.
              I'm sure I've worked with him too.

In fact I think there are at least three of them at this client. All dreadful.

threaded in "Keep Denmark tidy: show a Swede to the ferry" mode.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ahh, you mean the Stockholm-Helsinki ones which they come back on the next day...

Comment

Working...
                X