• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been on telly?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every 3 months or so I get the urge to email radio 5 live with spoof stories in response to their phone-ins.

So far they have all been broadcast too.

Comment

Outside of I.T. contracting I travel and film Tornados and Hurricanes!!!! Actually Right now I am in Denver, Colorado after attending a severe weather conference on severe weather and expect to be back to my current I.T. client on Thursday. However Owing to my fascination with weather I have appeared in a number of recent UK productions. More recently I have been on Richard on Judy, This morning, Denise Van Holten , The Choice with Michael Burke (R4) as well as made for TV. Britain’s tornado (Birmingham event 28th July), there have been quite a few others – I just need to look them up.
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

I've not been on the telly but did have my photo in the Sun, along with my sprogs, when sombody broke into our garden and knicked his slide - The story was about theives knicking toys from a blind kid etc. The Sun replaced the slide and next day made out that the gay one from Boysown bought it him. Got loads of offers for free slides and people wanting to send him cash - which was nice!

The BBC rented my horse for an episode of Juliet Bravo once!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I was the subject of a TV Eye documentary in th early 80's on motorbike accidents. I seemed to the only living person on it as well.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman
            Richard on Judy
            what a horrible thought!

Comment

Blockbusters in the 80s. Bombed out straightaway.

SG in "Can I have a P please, Bob" mode.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Stood in the rain cheering on instruction from the BBC crew. We were at a water-skiing event and had been asked to pretend that the world record water-ski jump had been broken. It had, in fact, been broken the day earlier, but they needed some footage to show when they aired the jump on the programme.
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  Based on a boast from young threaded(cough cough) , who has actually appeared on television?

I appeared a couple of years ago on a piss poor satellite tv channel as a member of a team playing table football for 12 weeks, but the fact I only spotted myself the once and I was looking out for it means that you boys never had a chance.

15 minutes anyone?
                  Me! Me! Me!

Although I'm not not listed you can read about it here. I had two parts one as a black slave and one as a waif who hang around Brian Blessed's character. I was 9 at the time. Got the princely sum of £500 for it (2 weeks work). As a white person I could not get the former part now as the law requires it is played by a black person.
                  Last edited by zathras; 20 February 2006, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    Not on Telly per se, but did appear on a Marines recruitment video... In a very fast boat... Blink and I still would've been there... And no, I wasn't the one handing out the canapes!
                    I saw you churchill. You were the one done up as Diana Dors. A credit to your branch of the service and no error. Those high heels must have been a bit risky on a boat like that mind!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

ITS A KNOCKOUT

I was only a reserve but was seen clearly cheering on my team.
                      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
                      X