• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting At HSBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I blame Sir Norman Foster.
    Can't say I've ever been in a Norman Foster building which I could have thought of as well designed. They are, unfortunately, another victory for form over function
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Can't say I've ever been in a Norman Foster building which I could have thought of as well designed. They are, unfortunately, another victory for form over function
      Baron Foster of Thames Bank lives in a Swiss Chateau, and has another pad in France, plus an apartment on 5th Avenue NY. He certainly has taste. He does not live in his own buildings!
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Stay clear of floor 7 there is a reason the lifts don't stop there
        Life is a paradox-what u want u don't get(luv), what u get, u don't njoy(marriage), what u njoy is not permanent(job), what is permanent is boring(job).

Comment

Originally posted by caspercat1 View Post
          Stay clear of floor 7 there is a reason the lifts don't stop there
          Is it a plant room?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

What's a 'crip' rate? The roles I've been chased about the last year or two (never pursued as didn't want to work in London) were £600+ which I'd be fairly content with, would be able to rent a proper serviced apartment and still bring home the bacon rather than shack up in a B&B.

Interesting to hear they are even considering work-from-home, I thought all banks were super locked down?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Interesting to hear they are even considering work-from-home, I thought all banks were super locked down?
              Not investment banking but a contractor mate of mine has just returned to lloyds, he was given a laptop and told to work from home first day. I've worked with quite a few other contractors there who do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                They have a lot of rules about not using your own stuff on the network, but are often happy for you to use their laptops at home.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ah, using those little dongle things and laptops with finger-print readers, etc, etc? Do they perchance make you remote-desktop onto a PC that IS running on site as well? I worked in a banking consultancy and we did it that way, we each had a PC in the client's building and had to log in remotely so it was harder to copy-paste or do anything without them knowing.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

So come on then, forget all this banter about the bogs and the lifts, and tell us

What's on this mysterious 7th Floor?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      So come on then, forget all this banter about the bogs and the lifts, and tell us

What's on this mysterious 7th Floor?
                      Don't ask

Comment

Working...
                      X