• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know there's a property crash coming when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent, glad to here (did that mistake just to keep you happy),
    you're back in work, this place has been dying these last few months

bring some life back to the forum, is it a surfing contract or a working contract ?

Milan.

Comment

Primarily working....
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Well done Fleety, a "virtual" beer on me.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Santé

Comment

And a virtual beer on me as well...

Sorry it's not the best brand, but I'm having to cut back after being told what my dentist's gonna charge me...

Comment

hear
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

British Land portfolio bags £300m

British Land portfolio bags £300m

"Property investment group British Land is to sell its residential portfolio in a multi-million pound deal."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4733406.stm

Mmmm....interesting.

Comment

Hello folks,

You can find out more about the coming UK property crash at

housepricecrash.co.uk

frugalista

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                    These septics and the "English" they use really do piss me off.
                    Their inability to pronounce "aluminium" properly does my head in.
                    In 1808, Humphry Davy originally proposed the name alumium while trying to isolate the new metal electrolytically from the mineral alumina. In 1812 he changed the name to aluminum to match its Latin root. The same year, an anonymous contributor to the Quarterly Review objected to aluminum, and proposed the name aluminium.

"Aluminium, for so we shall take the liberty of writing the word, in preference to aluminum, which has a less classical sound. (Q. Review VIII. 72, 1812)"
                    -- Wikipedia

So it was called Aluminum, but some guy insisted on calling it something different because he thought it sounded better.

Comment

Thanks for that, expat.
                      I'll be a little more tolerant with them in future.
                      Any reason for their inability to pronounce "Caribbean"?

Comment

Working...
                      X