• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 10 warmer places

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I thought that about ALL the suggestions

The main problem with tourist destinations is that by their nature they attract tourists.
    They weren't suggestions, they are the top 10 winter destinations for Britons according to the Mail.

Comment

Hawaii, a long way to go but very pleasant weather.

Was 29 degrees every day we were there back in June/July.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

South Africa

South Africa is very balmy at this time of year,
        usually 30C+

You can also have unwanted spouses and relatives topped for less than in other tourist destinations
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Get yourself to Florida, the sunshine state.

Record lows broken early across the area as Florida freeze continues

ORLANDO --

Central Florida is waking up to another morning of record-breaking temperatures across the area.

Orlando, Daytona Beach and Melbourne all shattered record lows before 5 a.m. Wednesday.

Comment

Egypt is very popular...in fact I'm off there tomorrow. Only 5 hours from Manchester, quite cheap to go and look at the facts:

1. When you're hot, you can have a nice swim in the sea ....... actually better not, just in case the sharks chew your legs off...

2. When you're tired, you can retreat back to your hotel room ...... well after the recent floods washing buildings down this week killing 20 people, I think I'll stay by the pool to be safe...

3. When you're after some nice food, you can enjoy some of Egypts fine dishes ........ Actually, after reading an article about Egypt being the worse place in the world for picking up Delhi Belly, then I might give it a miss....

4. When you're ready for a drink, you can grab a nice beer ...... well, to be on the safe side its best not to as I might get dysentry...

What a holiday !!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              Egypt is very popular...in fact I'm off there tomorrow. Only 5 hours from Manchester, quite cheap to go and look at the facts:

1. When you're hot, you can have a nice swim in the sea ....... actually better not, just in case the sharks chew your legs off...

2. When you're tired, you can retreat back to your hotel room ...... well after the recent floods washing buildings down this week killing 20 people, I think I'll stay by the pool to be safe...

3. When you're after some nice food, you can enjoy some of Egypts fine dishes ........ Actually, after reading an article about Egypt being the worse place in the world for picking up Delhi Belly, then I might give it a miss....

4. When you're ready for a drink, you can grab a nice beer ...... well, to be on the safe side its best not to as I might get dysentry...

What a holiday !!
              dont drink the water either, especially the bottled stuff. I had this mate right, lovely guy, he caught derengi blackwater legionaires after the local kids refilled discarded bottles with rancid water from the camel troughs. He would have been 45 this year, wife married an Italian. sad, very sad

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                dont drink the water either, especially the bottled stuff. I had this mate right, lovely guy, he caught derengi blackwater legionaires after the local kids refilled discarded bottles with rancid water from the camel troughs. He would have been 45 this year, wife married an Italian. sad, very sad

Egypt travel advice

There is a high threat from terrorism in Egypt. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in public places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers, such as hotels and restaurants. See Safety and Security - Terrorism.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Egypt travel advice

There is a high threat from terrorism in Egypt. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in public places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers, such as hotels and restaurants. See Safety and Security - Terrorism.

Enjoy!
                  Yep. its a danger alright. One of my mates had his head cut off right, and his missus had to pay excess baggage because it was treated as a seperate item. When she complained, they tasered her and hit her on the head with a truncheon.
                  I wouldnt go there. not if they paid me

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Get yourself to Florida, the sunshine state.

Record lows broken early across the area as Florida freeze continues

ORLANDO --

Central Florida is waking up to another morning of record-breaking temperatures across the area.

Orlando, Daytona Beach and Melbourne all shattered record lows before 5 a.m. Wednesday.

BBC News - Florida farmers hire helicopters to keep crops warm

Comment

Hail showers predicted in Lanzarote, though it is warm.

Comment

Working...
                      X