• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Left right left

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Yes, but even more sophisticated than that and it is designed to be picked out from the crowd. I can’t say more because I don’t want the idea copied.
    ooh. you little tease
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I once found some code in an application that I was working on that checked for the keypresses "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A"

Can't remember what it did though.
      It bypasses the presidential launch codes and negates the need for simultaneous key turns
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Yep - we had a nice star-wars scrolly thing with the credits if you typed a magic string into the search box.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
          Yep - we had a nice star-wars scrolly thing with the credits if you typed a magic string into the search box.
          brilliant.

i am starting on that right now. brill

oh yes.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I once found some code in an application that I was working on that checked for the keypresses "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A"

Can't remember what it did though.
            It's the "Konami Code"

Became famous as the cheat code in Konami console games and has been used in loads of places since as the unlock code for easter eggs.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

No, it was definitely an easter egg. It refers to this but I just can't remember what the point of it was.
              Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              It's the "Konami Code"

Became famous as the cheat code in Konami console games and has been used in loads of places since as the unlock code for easter eggs.
              What we both said

Comment

What we both said
                That's what I get for stopping half way through a post and coming back to 5 mins later.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  That's what I get for stopping half way through a post and coming back to 5 mins later.
                  That's alright

I knew full well what it was, I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what it unlocked in our app

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                    I did something very similar (but using a key combination to launch it) about ten years ago - when I went back to the same client a few years later, it was still in and subsequent developers had added themselves to the credits.. which was nice
                    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                    X