• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The War You Don't See

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's murder.

Have some perspective.

******* warmonger.
    You've watched a documentary that's upset you. Understandable.

Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      I've had a seven-year old pissing on my leg trying to get me shot by a sniper, I'd cheerfully have shot that little f*cker.
      Well sure are no Wilmslow if you know what I mean

Comment

It's murder.
        In a combat situation it ain't even if civilians get hit.

Now if it's past battle then it can be war crime.

Comment

You've watched a documentary that's upset you. Understandable.

Tomorrow is another day.
          More thought provoking than anything. I hadn't believed the sugar sweet pap the news turned out for the war, but the documentary went into the truth behind the propaganda.

It's main crux was how journalism didn't live up to it's part and was complicit in the propaganda.

If the move is made to attack Iran at some point in the future, then I'll be on the streets.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

More thought provoking than anything. I hadn't believed the sugar sweet pap the news turned out for the war, but the documentary went into the truth behind the propaganda.

It's main crux was how journalism didn't live up to it's part and was complicit in the propaganda.

If the move is made to attack Iran at some point in the future, then I'll be on the streets.
            I haven't seen the program concerned but I'm assuming that it was meant to provoke a reaction.

However I would council you with the following "Unless you see it for yourself it's the truth as someone else sees it."

Comment

Blooming heck MF , well done. you are 43 and you have learned that war is sh1t already. I guess that before you saw the program you thought it was all ok over there
              out of sight eh ?

when the yanks dropped that nuke on Hiroshima, they wern't targetting the barracks on water-lily road you know

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I haven't seen the program concerned but I'm assuming that it was meant to provoke a reaction.

However I would council you with the following "Unless you see it for yourself it's the truth as someone else sees it."
                I agree 100% and that was also my thought. Hence I started to think about a trip to Iran.

I once visited refuge camps along the Burmese border taking up school supplies. Probably a stupid thing to do as I was on my own and had to hire locals to take me a couple of days up river. But was received well, visited the schools, met the teachers/children, the head of the village. Had a tour, was shown the bullet holes, shown how they lived, where they hid if they were attacked.

It's a small inconsequential thing, but if gives both sides. You expect journalists to give both sides of a story(that is their job), you cannot always just pop over for a couple of days.

Comment

I agree 100% and that was also my thought. Hence I started to think about a trip to Iran.

I once visited refuge camps along the Burmese border taking up school supplies. Probably a stupid thing to do as I was on my own and had to hire locals to take me a couple of days up river. But was received well, visited the schools, met the teachers/children, the head of the village. Had a tour, was shown the bullet holes, shown how they lived, where they hid if they were attacked.

It's a small inconsequential thing, but if gives both sides. You expect journalists to give both sides of a story(that is their job), you cannot always just pop over for a couple of days.
                  Oh dear.

Comment

War correspondent seems like a particularly dangerous career. Who killed the most, the allies or the people who we bombed?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      War correspondent seems like a particularly dangerous career. Who killed the most, the allies or the people who we bombed?
                      Depends who you work for? Al Jazeera???

Comment

Working...
                      X