• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Random Friday Thread... what small things make you disproportionally happy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving fast with my James Bond theme tunes CD on...

Comment

[QUOTE=zeitghost;1246635]Driving my VW Polo along the M4 listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the wireless.QUOTE]

Didn't realise he'd already released an album after being voted off X-Factor the other week.

Anytime I'm riding my motorbike, or driving my car in a manner that I legally shouldn't, brings happiness.
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 10 December 2010, 10:41.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scrag Meister;1246639]
        Originally posted by zeitghost
        Driving my VW Polo along the M4 listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the wireless.QUOTE]

Didn't realise he'd already released an album after being voted off X-Factor the other week.
        So that's what all the fuss is about, I was wondering why Wagner was so popular recently, how disappointing.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Driving my VW Polo along the M4 listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries on the wireless.
          Is the M4 the one with the great route through mountains and great panoramic views, and not much traffic? Is that the bit you mean... if so +1.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Having a nice cold sweet fizzy drink when thirsty (or plain cold water if very thirsty and try not to swallow the cup), a meal when hungry, a wee or dump as required. Simple things really. Sleep is also great when you're tired.

Comment

Throwing one over the thumb to Antiques Roadshow when the wife’s gone out !!

(tulip, did I say that aloud!)

Comment

When you are really busting for a tulip.....taking a tulip
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Is the M4 the one with the great route through mountains and great panoramic views, and not much traffic? Is that the bit you mean... if so +1.
                  M6 / A74?

The M4 goes due west from London giving access to such lovely places as Reading and Swindon.

Then there's the Severn Bridge which is invariably foggy (and only the English pay to cross it).

Through the speed traps and then it's Terry Wogan's hotel & golf course on the right (he may as well own it given how much advertising he gets them).

Then the fairytale castle then the 1920s art deco white house then - tada! - pretty little Port Talbot. WAKE UP OR YOU'LL CRASH ON THE BEND. Phew!

Then onto Swansea and I can't remember what comes next and then you're in HaverfordWest wondering how - and why - you got there because the M4 stopped about 40 miles ago near Llanelli.

Back on topic: on the return trip, once you've crossed the bridge, there's a long, long straight hill. Mrs RC would groan when, as we approached the hill, I pressed the Sports Mode button on the gearbox when driving her 4.0 litre Jag.
                  Last edited by RichardCranium; 10 December 2010, 11:21. Reason: grammaring and speling
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Driving up to a hill top village called Gourdon listening to "On Days Like These" by Matt Monro

(Think the opening scene of "The Italian Job" and the red Maserati...)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
                      Throwing one over the thumb to Antiques Roadshow when the wife’s gone out !!

(tulip, did I say that aloud!)
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X