• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you religious/ superstitious?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    It's convinced billions of people around the world of all levels of education, wealth etc.

It's not convinced you but why don't you start being honest to us about why you REALLY reject God. Come on, open up, spill the beans, stop hiding behind ludicrous copy and paste arguments to comfort yourself. Do tell.
    I refer you to my previous post where I asked you for evidence for existence of a supernatural entity. If you want to continue the discusssion, please provide it and we'll go from there.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I have no doubt of that.
      And that is the point exactly.
      Psychology and neuroscience tells us how easy it is for the mind to play tricks on itself.
      So someone's "mystical" experience does not count as evidence.
      To you and I, that is the point exactly.

but not to my brother.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's convinced billions of people around the world of all levels of education, wealth etc.
        That's not really true. The vast majority of people that are religious are so because their parents were religious, not because they've made an intelligent choice.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It's not convinced you but why don't you start being honest to us about why you REALLY reject God. Come on, open up, spill the beans, stop hiding behind ludicrous copy and paste arguments to comfort yourself. Do tell.
          So did the earth being round, with arguments like this from you and dhoog its laughable that you even post.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            That's not really true. The vast majority of people that are religious are so because their parents were religious, not because they've made an intelligent choice.
            This statement makes no sense and you have no evidence to support it. Atheism is not an intelligent choice.

Comment

The op asked for this to be a non-slanging thread
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's like the anti-kandr. Any chance they can cancel each other out?
                Yep I agree there he is totally the opposed of me, he more resembles you in intellect, but the funny thing is you can't even see it.

Comment

. Atheism is not an intelligent choice.
                  It is because there's no credible evidence for a supernatural entity.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I refer you to my previous post where I asked you for evidence for existence of a supernatural entity. If you want to continue the discusssion, please provide it and we'll go from there.
                    I answered you - I said go look up JESUS.

Now you answer me- tell us the real reasons you reject God. Did a religious person upset you? Do you feel you've been given a poor hand in life? Is your thing a bit small? Don't girls like you?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      The op asked for this to be a non-slanging thread
                      I am respecting that. Sadly I can't say the same about contractor79
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X