• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So-called girlfriend really hacking me off!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I remember when all we had to dump women with remotely was a fax machine. Couldn't have been nice for them really I suppose.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

We there's the root of the problem. What sort of person do you think you are going to get by going onto an Internet dating site? What sort of sad, psycho, desperate, fugly losers do you think inhabit such sites?
      Those friends of mine who met their partners that way seem to have more successful relationships than ones that bumped into them at uni/work. But yes, they did all have to work through a fair number of nutjobs before they met the one they ended up sticking with.

Comment

We there's the root of the problem. What sort of person do you think you are going to get by going onto an Internet dating site? What sort of sad, psycho, desperate, fugly losers do you think inhabit such sites?
        So, where do all the nice women hang out, when they're out on their own?

At the pub - no
        Bars - no
        Sports venues - no
        Ceroc etc classes - maybe
        Am Dram - quite possible
        In old-world bookshops and record stores (like in the Match advert) - maybe

i.e. all the places women might be, men (usually) don't go to!

I know a few people who've met on the likes of Match that have found a really good relationship.

Wilmslow - my advice - keep on trying (and keep posting the stories!)

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          Don't go over there to ditch the bitch, especially as she lives miles away - It's not working out text, good luck for the future, phone off, change the sim...
          FTFY
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I know, I know. I am fussy. It's the lack of humour and charisma, coupled with the slight whiff of desperation that swung it for me though.
            Slight whiff? He reeks of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Slight whiff? He reeks of it
              You've really disappointed me Bunk.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You've really disappointed me Bunk.
                Really? What have I done now?

Comment

Really? What have I done now?
                  You've said that before haven't you.

I'm disappointed at you falling into the web of Wilmslow, and not accusing him of not being real.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You've said that before haven't you.
                    A few times

I'm disappointed at you falling into the web of Wilmslow, and not accusing him of not being real.
                    Ah, fair point. I suspended disbelief long enough to insult him. He still isn't real though

Comment

He still isn't real though
                      Phew. All's right with the world again.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X