• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain Freezes to death

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    To be fair that's a drop in the ocean compared to the billions we took off them over the centuries. Not for nothing did all the aristocracy go to India to "make their fortune".
    How much did the Romans and the Danes take off us - where is our payment?

I sometimes think if we had been like Germany, who didn't have much of an empire and therefore a captive market, perhaps we'd be less lazy, have made better stuff and be more able to pay our way in the world now.
    I think the Germans tried to create one a bit back but others wouldn't allow it! There are lots of films about it anyway
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      How much did the Romans and the Danes take off us - where is our payment?

I think the Germans tried to create one a bit back but others wouldn't allow it! There are lots of films about it anyway
      You hear that whooshing sound? That's the sound of points going straight over your head, that is.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

To be fair that's a drop in the ocean compared to the billions we took off them over the centuries. Not for nothing did all the aristocracy go to India to "make their fortune".
        I sometimes think if we had been like Germany, who didn't have much of an empire and therefore a captive market, perhaps we'd be less lazy, have made better stuff and be more able to pay our way in the world now.
        A good point sas, but I fear is it not the aristocracy nor the descendents of those privileged dynasties that are returning a percentage of their wealth in order to absolve their angst and post-empire guilt, but the so called untermensch that are consistently beaten ever closer to the renowned poverty line that are being forced to pay this unnecessary tithe, encouragés by the constant verbal drumming and self-flagellation of our media and political elite?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          A good point sas, but I fear is it not the aristocracy nor the descendents of those privileged dynasties that are returning a percentage of their wealth in order to absolve their angst and post-empire guilt,
          It is in my case ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

It is in my case ...
            May the Outsource be with you!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Has any of you lot got a fast breeder to work properly yet?

I do find the sodium leaks so amusing.

Fusion, naturally enough, is still 50 years away.

Ho hum.

Looks like I'll be stuck on this godforsaken rock for another millennium.

I could walk home quicker.
              India seems to be leading the way with both fast breeder and thorium reactors, while everyone else is or has shut their fast breeders down, or they melted down on their own accord.
              Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Advanced Heavy Water Reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
              X