• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news - England wins right to host World Cup!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar for 2022, a country that's never managed to even qualify for a world cup.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

who got the 2022 ?

Comment

Short-arse, corrupt anti-British t**t! WTF do the Swiss know about football anyway?

Qatar? Are you having a laugh? Oh dear!

I think we should withdraw from FIFA and reinstate the Home Internationals tournament. At least England would get to win something and Scotland and Wales get to experience being in a tournament.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          1537: Russia will host the 2018 world cup
          The Ruskies can stump up for it!

Of course, it does now mean that in 2016 the London Olympic stadium and athletes' village will have to be torn down to make way for tower blocks.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Qatar for 2022, a country that's never managed to even qualify for a world cup.
            But the weather will be nice
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Thicker brown envelope needed...
              Originally posted by doodab View Post
              FTFY
              Is there a suggestion of impropriety?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Well in traditional footie parlance “we woz robbed”

& TBH it did not bother me either way
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

I'm not too bothered that we didn't get it, however there will have to be restrictions lifted for football fans and visas by 2018.

during the CL final '07 ? the fans had a torrid time ...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    I'm not too bothered that we didn't get it, however there will have to be restrictions lifted for football fans and visas by 2018.

during the CL final '07 ? the fans had a torrid time ...
                    That's what I was thinking!

I know a girl who works for MUFC and they had major problems even getting staff over there, let alone regular fans.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

ENGLAND 2026 BID TO BE BASED ON BRIBES AND POISON

ENGLAND'S bid for the 2026 World Cup will focus less on youth development and stadia and more on backhanders and polonium sandwiches, it has been confirmed.

As Fifa president Sepp Blatter announced Russia as hosts of the 2018 event, the Football Association stressed that next time it would simply hand out jiffy bags stuffed with crisp £50 notes along with the implicit threat of certain death.

An FA spokesman said: "We also realised we made a huge mistake bringing David Beckham and Prince William. Next time round we'll just get Kenneth Noyes and couple of Barbara Windsor's ex-husbands out on day release and then let them do a bit of mingling."

In Zurich, a delighted Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin said he was 'very very surprised' that his country's bid had been successful adding: "So, so surprised. I really am very surprised indeed.

"I am also very pleased for Mr Blatter and his colleagues. They must be incredibly relieved. I know I would be."

Shortly before the voting began the Russian FA ordered a waiter to offer round a tray of exotic fish paste sandwiches while Mr Putin stood behind him glaring menacingly at each committee member.

He then asked each of the Fifa officials if they were voting for Russia and if they hesitated or said 'no', Mr Putin immediately replied: "Take sandwich. Is good."

Russia's winning presentation used state-of-the-art computer graphics to depict each member of the FIFA voting committee cruising along the French Riviera behind the wheel of a Bentley Continental while sitting next to a large-chested blonde woman who was clearly attracted to them, to the strains of Beautiful Day by U2.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X