• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Language Courses/CDs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good idea!

Has anyone tried during one of these course when driving for example? A two hour commute with the CD in? Do you think this a good way to learn or distracting?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Anyone recommend one that they have used.

Looking to get my French back to fluency again not sure if Rosetta Stone or Linguaphone would be better. Something that can be listened to on the train is always good.
      The Public Library is a good place to start and you can help them by taking your laptop and backing up the CDs and DVDs for them.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I bought this:

http://www.laguinguette.com/learn/

The intermediate and advanced courses are all in French, so that's good for the intermediate learner because you're immersed in French. I've listened to them several times over in the car, but I do learn better at the computer where I can read the text and rewind to the right point without crashing into a lorry.

The Michel Thomas courses are excellent, for beginners. I have the full foundation courses and advanced courses in both French and German, but "advanced" isn't really that advanced, and (particularly in German) he leaves out an awful lot.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          WHS -

There's two students learning on the CD's and you're the third, the idea is you think about how you would construct a sentence rather than remembering.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I bought this:

La Guinguette- Le Journal

The intermediate and advanced courses are all in French, so that's good for the intermediate learner because you're immersed in French. I've listened to them several times over in the car, but I do learn better at the computer where I can read the text and rewind to the right point without crashing into a lorry.

The Michel Thomas courses are excellent, for beginners. I have the full foundation courses and advanced courses in both French and German, but "advanced" isn't really that advanced, and (particularly in German) he leaves out an awful lot.
            The intermediate laguinette ones look good and I like the fact that it's pretty much in French, so gets you thinking in French. Thanks!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
            X