• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody watched the program about RyanA1r?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tis true - BA pilots have to pay a percentage of their training back from their salaries over 5 years - if they leave before then they have to pay that back. (Can't remember the exact figures).
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Flew Ryan Air at the beginning of the year...wasnt so bad leaving Stanstead as we got on the plane first (had offspring with me) but at Baden Baden when we were called up first to board all that really meant was getting on the bus first before the rest of the hordes piled on after you!

Honestly...how farken hard is it to have a allocated seating plan?

The other thing that bothers me are the dolly birds who work on these planes...I bet that if anything hit the fan that none of those pretty girls would be able to get the doors open on the planes! Seems the hiring policy is to go for looks ahead of ability (sort of what I look for as a manager! ).

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
        Going direct to major airports is much easier and not much more expensive.
        Sometimes. I used them from France to Scotland because my starting point and destination were in the country, not in Paris and Glasgow.

I could drive to Beauvais much more easily and quickly (and cheaply) than get into Paris and then out to CDG. Prestwick is easier for driving and for trains than Glasgow too. And for international direct flights to Scotland, you take what you can get.

Comment

Channel 4 versus Micheal O'Leary

Channel 4 .....
          The programme also claims that the reporters, Charlotte Smith and Mary Nash, “encountered a staff culture with a somewhat dismissive attitude towards customers, which seemed to be based on the premise that if a customers pays next to nothing for a ticket, they should expect nothing”.

O'Leary's response ....

“Channel 4 can shove this programme up its jacksie,” said O’Leary. “There’s nothing in it.”

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            'Tis true - BA pilots have to pay a percentage of their training back from their salaries over 5 years - if they leave before then they have to pay that back. (Can't remember the exact figures).
            £15k (3k pa)
            Plan A is located just about here.
            If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Working...
            X