• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referees' Strike - for those interested!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Good idea.

I think the description you are looking for is "What he then did was lie to Neil Lennon and a match observer. A whistle-blower then leaked the match observer’s report

whistle blower - tee hee

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I never know why when this discussion gets pulled up every couple of months you start dragging out every negative story towards Celtic, some going back 10 years.

The real litmus test really is how we behaved in our respective UEFA cup final matches.

IT'S official. Celtic fans have been declared the best in the world by football's governing body. Fifa yesterday announced that 80,000 Celtic supporters who travelled to Seville for last season's Uefa Cup final had been awarded world football's Fair Play award for their ''exemplary, fair, and cordial conduct''. The award follows the equivalent accolade given last August by Uefa for the part the fans played in the team's run to the final,
      Contrast that with...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        King Billy, the quote is from Shankly to Jock Stein straight after the game.
        I watched part of the game the other month on youtube, it was a foul for the second goal.

Fair do's, I doubt we'll ever see the likes again from a Scottish team.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          I watched part of the game the other month on youtube, it was a foul for the second goal.

Fair do's, I doubt we'll ever see the likes again from a Scottish team.
          The second half was as one sided a match as I have ever seen, Inter got absolutely butchered, a totally filleting. IF you can watch the match and I dont mean that in a bragging way. Inter were the best team in Europe until that night. We did it with everyone of them being born in the area. Fills me with pride that game. Celtic were arguably the best side in the world for about 5 years, now we get into bidding wars with Cardiff for players.

Comment

I never know why when this discussion gets pulled up every couple of months you start dragging out every negative story towards Celtic, some going back 10 years.

The real litmus test really is how we behaved in our respective UEFA cup final matches.
            The one thing you had going for yourselves though is that it's a bit harder to get to Porto than it is to Manchester. We had 180000 compared to your 80000. So of course every Glaswegian ned under the sun was on the MegaBus with his bottle of buckie. I knew it was going to be a disaster before it even happened. Here's another predicition, if Rangers make Dublin this year it will be carnage. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Rangers fans vow: No repeat of Euro violence - Herald Scotland | News | Home News

An estimated 180,000 Rangers fans descended on the city for the clash with Zenit St Petersburg, with the Ibrox club shamed by scenes of serious disorder.
            BBC NEWS | Scotland | Celts return after pain in Spain

An estimated 80,000 fans travelled to Seville for the game and Strathclyde Police said their Spanish colleagues informed them that there had not been a single arrest in Seville on match day.
            Wait a minute, what's this little titbit of info on the same page?

However, there were 81 arrests in Glasgow for "football related incidents".

Most of these were for minor offences including breach of the peace and assaults
            "Football related incidents" - only 1 football match I knew of that was getting played that day. Were they all nasty huns as well were they, rioting because 'Ra Sellic' got papped out of the Uefa cup?

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

The second half was as one sided a match as I have ever seen, Inter got absolutely butchered, a totally filleting. IF you can watch the match and I dont mean that in a bragging way. Inter were the best team in Europe until that night. We did it with everyone of them being born in the area. Fills me with pride that game. Celtic were arguably the best side in the world for about 5 years, now we get into bidding wars with Cardiff for players.
              I give Celtic the respect for who they are. I respect them and I respect the players that play with the same passion for them as ours do for us. I respect the likes of Lennon, he loves the club. I hate Samaras and Boruc, they are neds who think that the way to endear themselves to the fans is to get the Rangers raging. You compare that with players like Paul McStay, Henrik Larsson, Tommy Burns, Roy Aitken, the list goes on. Players who played the game with dignity.

Don't get me wrong, we have our own, Ricksen, Gazza, Novo etc. I see them for what they're doing, but they're still great in my eyes.

So yes, I do dislike certain 'elements' of your support, but I can sit and have banter with my mates who are fans just like me without all the political and religious stuff.

Compare that with Aberdeen, I just hate them and the sooner they're relegated the better. I'm glad you pumped them 9-0. I'd rather see Celtic win the league on the last day of the season if it meant Aberdeen got relegated. We'd simply take the league back the next year, 'Ibirdeen' would be ruined though.

Comment

The one thing you had going for yourselves though is that it's a bit harder to get to Porto than it is to Manchester. We had 180000 compared to your 80000. So of course every Glaswegian ned under the sun was on the MegaBus with his bottle of buckie. I knew it was going to be a disaster before it even happened. Here's another predicition, if Rangers make Dublin this year it will be carnage. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Rangers fans vow: No repeat of Euro violence - Herald Scotland | News | Home News

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Celts return after pain in Spain

Wait a minute, what's this little titbit of info on the same page?

"Football related incidents" - only 1 football match I knew of that was getting played that day. Were they all nasty huns as well were they, rioting because 'Ra Sellic' got papped out of the Uefa cup?

I just remember the Porto fans applauding us as we walked out the ground, the police were shaking our hands. Never seen that before, don't think I will again. I stayed in Seville for another 8 days and the people there were so friendly to us after the game.

I know one guy who went down to Manchester, said the service stations were packed with drunk fans at 6am in the morning. It was always going to be a disaster and I told my Rangers mate before he left who had a ticket to watch out as I knew there was going to be trouble. I actually think us going to Seville provoked the Rangers fans to take more fans to Manchester.

Comment

I give Celtic the respect for who they are. I respect them and I respect the players that play with the same passion for them as ours do for us. I respect the likes of Lennon, he loves the club. I hate Samaras and Boruc, they are neds who think that the way to endear themselves to the fans is to get the Rangers raging. You compare that with players like Paul McStay, Henrik Larsson, Tommy Burns, Roy Aitken, the list goes on. Players who played the game with dignity.

Don't get me wrong, we have our own, Ricksen, Gazza, Novo etc. I see them for what they're doing, but they're still great in my eyes.

So yes, I do dislike certain 'elements' of your support, but I can sit and have banter with my mates who are fans just like me without all the political and religious stuff.

Compare that with Aberdeen, I just hate them and the sooner they're relegated the better. I'm glad you pumped them 9-0. I'd rather see Celtic win the league on the last day of the season if it meant Aberdeen got relegated. We'd simply take the league back the next year, 'Ibirdeen' would be ruined though.
                  I hated boruc. Treated our club with great disrespect. HAve you seen the pictures of him now? Lost about 4 stone. How the club let him get into that mess was another matter, he should have been sold for the 8 million we could have got for him after his first season when he was pulling out amazing saves every couple of games.

Gazza is just a fool and McCoist an the rest were just tits for winding him up into doing flute gestures, he never had a clue what he was doing, I look on him as just being ill, I have no malice towards him. I know the family who bought his house from him after he left rangers and they just said he was a fool. I can tell you a story about the house purchase that cannot be put on the board. Serious mad stuff.

Goram is a filthy piece of work, I detest that man more than any rangers player past or present, his wearing of the black arm band when the UVF lost a man was the most shamefull display of any Old Firm player ever.

I kind of like Samaras. He is useless but he never does anything that can be said to discredit the club.

Comment

Bedwetter.

That is all I am saying that subject and the 5 of us know what I mean.

Comment

Bedwetter.

That is all I am saying that subject and the 5 of us know what I mean.

you daft sod

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X