• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referees' Strike - for those interested!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

You see here's the thing. Most non Old Firm fans believe that Celtic and Rangers get more than their fair share of decisions. I would not tend to disagree with that. But what you have to ask yourself is this...............Why would Celtic risk jeopardising that position, and be arguing for a more level playing field for all? And why indeed are all the other clubs not more vociferously jumping on this bandwagon if they feel that they are perenially disadvantaged? Have they simply given up struggling against the injustice of it all? Fortunately, Mr Reid does not appear to be of a mind to give up the struggle.
    But let us not interrupt our enemy whilst he is busy making a huge mistake.
    Let's not hide from the facts here:

BBC Sport - Football - Referee Dougie McDonald warned after Tannadice probe

An SFA probe decided that McDonald had been correct to rescind the award for Celtic against Dundee United.
    He was correct in rescinding the penalty, what he then did was try to cover up the fact he'd realised himself he'd ****ed up to make it look like the linesman had corrected him. Then Craven starts getting dogs abuse from the 'Greatest fans in the world' and withdraws his story and that's how the hoohaa starts.

Craven quits after threats and verbal abuse of sons - Press & Journal

It was reported that since the fixture, Craven has been the victim of threatening remarks, with his teenage sons suffering verbal abuse.
    Wait, there's more, they have a history for this you know.

Celtic fans in the dock over

Celtic could face a probe from the SPL and SFA after missiles were thrown onto the pitch at Tannadice in the aftermath of Dougie McDonald’s penalty U-turn.
    BBC SPORT | Football | Teams | Celtic | Celtic fans target referee

Referee Mike McCurry's home has been targeted by Celtic supporters who blamed him for Henrik Larsson's double jaw break.
    Court's yellow card for neighbour who smashed referee's windows Celtic fan found guilty over incident at home of Old Firm match official - Herald Scotland | Sport | SPL | Aberdeen

INTERNATIONAL referee Hugh Dallas yesterday told a court how he and his family had been watching the highlights of an Old Firm game when his two lounge windows came crashing in. Mr Dallas had earlier that day been refereeing the Rangers and Celtic title decider during which he received a head injury when a coin was thrown from the crowd. He was giving evidence during the trial of Kevin Dunn, 41, who was found guilty of damaging the property belonging to Mr Dallas by smashing two double glazed windows.
    Referee hit as Rangers take title | Football | guardian.co.uk

The Scottish Football Association is expected this morning to announce a probe into the violent scenes surrounding yesterday's championship decider which saw the referee Hugh Dallas hit by an object thrown from the crowd and three fans arrested after running on to the pitch.
    YouTube - TGFITW show their true colours

Death threats made to ref Willie Collum after Rangers' win over Celtic | Mail Online

Old Firm referee Willie Collum received a number of death threats following Sunday's Glasgow derby at Parkhead.
    Is it any wonder the refs don't like this lot?

It's not just the refs this lot target though:

Celtic to investigate crowd problems but unlikely to be fined - Herald Scotland

Celtic could take action against the supporter who threw a coin at the Rangers doctor, Paul Jackson, during Wednesday's 2-1 home win at Parkhead.

'Rapid Vienna's cheating denied me a shot at European glory' says Grant - The Scotsman

The second leg was ordered to be replayed, at a venue no less than 100 miles from Parkhead. Old Trafford was selected and on a grim night for Celtic, they lost 1-0 to a goal from Peter Pacult, who is now the Rapid manager. Sadly, the frustration of the Celtic fans manifested itself in violence as both Pacult and Rapid goalkeeper Karl Ehn were assaulted following pitch invasions.
    YouTube - Celtic fans attack Rapid Vienna players 1984
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      He is in the OO.
      I don't know if that's true or not, if he is then yes I agree he shouldn't be a referee. However, what evidence do you have apart from hearsay?

You'd have to be pretty stupid to be in the Lodge and Ref.

Refs are human, they get it wrong sometimes it's as simple as that, but to call them corrupt? I find that a bit rich. Even Brines (the toerag that he is).
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

It seems 'Ra Sellic' even have a stock letter ready to go after every game:

Comment

Lol, they had to stop Lennon from sending his:

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              It seems 'Ra Sellic' even have a stock letter ready to go after every game:

I take it a hun made that up. Jim Farry left the SFA 10 years ago, you might remember we got him sacked after he deliberately stalled Celtic player registrations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Take your tumbleweed back to your rugby thread where it belongs, Lurch.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Take your tumbleweed back to your rugby thread where it belongs, Lurch.
                  You rang?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I take it a hun made that up. Jim Farry left the SFA 10 years ago, you might remember we got him sacked after he deliberately stalled Celtic player registrations.
                    Ahem. One registration, no agenda.

"At Celtic the Cadete case was not a 'get Farry' exercise," says a former club official. "Achieving justice on the matter certainly became a crusade for Fergus, but then he could go on a crusade over a bag of crisps. No one at Celtic, especially him, thought Jim was working to any agenda. We just thought he had made a huge mistake and wanted that recognised. Yes, there was an element of rubbing the SFA's noses in it, and therefore Jimmy's nose in it because he was the personification of the SFA. But plenty people at Celtic had a lot of time for him, could appreciate that he had strong points and worked hard. It was never the ultimate aim that he lose his job, and that was a surprise."
                    Farry's fall from grace - Scotland on Sunday

Don't let that get in the way of your delusions though.

Here's a hat for you:

Comment

I love how each of the Celtic supporters hover between "bias" against them, and simply the refs "being rubbish".

The refs are threatening strike action because of the accusations of bias from Celtic, not from the complaints from all clubs (of which there have been many) that the refs are rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X