• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Referees' Strike - for those interested!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's crazy they allow matches to happen with such high levels of vicious, violent behaviour associated with them. I don't see how it hasn't been banned in modern PC Britain.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      Let's not hide from the facts here
      Good idea.

He was correct in rescinding the penalty. What he then did was try to cover up the fact he'd realised himself he'd ****ed up to make it look like the linesman had corrected him.

I think the description you are looking for is "What he then did was lie to Neil Lennon and a match observer. A whistle-blower then leaked the match observer’s report on last month’s Dundee United-Celtic game, which included Dougie McDonald’s inaccurate version of events. Assistant referee Steven Craven subsequently resigned accusing Head of Referee Development, Hugh Dallas, of bullying and trying to induce him to lie. McDonald then admitted lying but the Referees’ Committee refused to demote or sack him.
      With all eyes on the honesty and accountability of officials, reports emerged that Dallas had sent an email implying Pope Benedict XVI was a danger to children. Dallas refused to resign, forcing the SFA into disciplinary procedures with an, as yet, unknown number of referee administrators, some of whom must now be worried for their jobs."
      In recent weeks various sources from within the game have hinted that Dallas and McDonald were “bomb proof”. They are subject to discipline from only their own community and that community had decided to stick together, but the edifice is beginning to crumble.
      The lying, the sectarian emails, the lack of accountability for dishonesty must stop. It must stop! This is not an unreasonable demand, it is a demand which should be taken for granted. The fact that things look different from inside the referees bunker demonstrates how badly administered they have been.
      The only way this will be resolved is if the standard of refereeing improves for everyone and the line of communication to those in charge of referees improves– and we know that the refereeing supremo is not a diplomat in his communication skills. Indeed one ex ref says he is a bully and the chairman of the PFA says he doesn’t speak to him at all.

And especially for Incog, the thoughts of Sir Walter of Govan on our Officiating fraternity.........

Exclusive: Smith accuses referee of changing story over Kenny Miller dismissal - The Daily Record

Now would you care to explain just what it is that you, as a Gers supporter, would have against a root and branch overhaul of the system?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Now would you care to explain just what it is that you, as a Gers supporter, would have against a root and branch overhaul of the system?
        I'd like to see Video technology and refs from outside Scotland (not Ireland or N.Ireland) ref games, it's not going to happen though.

McDonald did lie, to try and hide the facts he ****ed up.

Craven: McDonald asked me to lie about Celtic penalty | Football | STV Sport

“Dougie ran towards me and said: 'I think I've f***** up.',” Craven told the Sunday Mail. “After the game Dougie said we should tell the referee supervisor (Jim McBurnie) that I called him over to question the penalty award.

"I went along with it because I wanted to be supportive of Dougie. But then Neil Lennon came in after the game and asked Dougie why he hadn't given the penalty kick.

"We told Neil the version that was a lie. It was wrong to lie. And I'm not proud that I went along with Dougie's suggestion.”
        From the other party to it all. It's not tinfoil hat terrority Shauny, he made a mistake and thought he could get out of it.

It would have looked worse if he corrected himself (in the supervisor report) than if he was corrected by the linesman. If corrected by the linesman he could have claimed he had an incorrect view.

So yes, it was a lie and yes it was stupid. But an agenda? Don't be an idiot.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Prepare to be absolutely disgusted folks, here is the shocking email sent by Hugh Dallas.

Sectarian?? it's hardly a Salman Rushdie offence! a Jihad on Hugh Dallas!!

I hope the Celtic fans never watch Frankie Boyle!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            With all eyes on the honesty and accountability of officials, reports emerged that Dallas had sent an email implying Pope Benedict XVI was a danger to children. Dallas refused to resign, forcing the SFA into disciplinary procedures with an, as yet, unknown number of referee administrators, some of whom must now be worried for their jobs."
            Get it right, there has been an allegation, the SFA are investigating. You work in IT, do you think it's hard to knock up a fake forwarded e-mail?

Scottish refs' chief investigated over Pope email - Yahoo! News

I mean it's not like the Dhims to make stuff up is it:

Ballboy charged over sectarian comments claim at St Mirren v Celtic match - The Daily Record

Whoops, seems like the guy who made the complaint didn't realise the lad in question is a Catholic season ticket holder at Celtic.

No decision made on ballboy charge - Daily Express

[Egg on face smiley]
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              Prepare to be absolutely disgusted folks, here is the shocking email sent by Hugh Dallas.

Give them their due, if it does turn out to be true, he has to go. I do agree with that. Let the man have a trial first though.

I don't think it's that offensive, certainly nothing worse than what you get on the BBC past the watershed, but not the type of thing someone should be sending from a work e-mail address connected with the SFA.

Comment

Yes, it's inappropriate, but a sacking offence, I'm not so sure.

What's worse, that or Dallas being hit by a coin/lighter thrown by a Celtic fan, his windows getting smashed in, Collumn receiving death threats at home, the bile coming down from the terraces (both sides of the OF).

Neither side of the OF are as lilly white as they would have you believe, as I said in another thread, the petty one-upmanship just makes me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

That is not an email, it is a website with an image on it.

Granted that would have been the image on said email but the police are going into investigate and possible charges may arise, you do not know the text of the mail.

Does it offend me? No. But the doughball should know better than to be posting stuff like in the religious tinderbox that is Glasgow when you are head of the refereeing department at the SFA. It shows how stupid the guy is.

What is the next course of action for Celtic? I don't know but Reid was at the very top of the labour party for many years and the refs will not get the better of him. You do not get the title of 'the rottweiler' for playing nice and backing down.

Anyway I think we should rename this thread 'Sore Referees'.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    That is not an email, it is a website with an image on it.

Granted that would have been the image on said email but the police are going into investigate and possible charges may arise, you do not know the text of the mail.

Does it offend me? No. But the doughball should know better than to be posting stuff like in the religious tinderbox that is Glasgow when you are head of the refereeing department at the SFA. It shows how stupid the guy is.

What is the next course of action for Celtic? I don't know but Reid was at the very top of the labour party for many years and the refs will not get the better of him. You do not get the title of 'the rottweiler' for playing nice and backing down.

Anyway I think we should rename this thread 'Sore Referees'.
                    New avatar, who is it lifting the cup?

(Incognito in shock horror, hun not bothered about Celtic winning the 'big one')

Comment

New avatar, who is it lifting the cup?

(Incognito in shock horror, hun not bothered about Celtic winning the 'big one')
                      King Billy, the quote is from Shankly to Jock Stein straight after the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X