• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best value motor under £15K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fungus
    That's a bit cruel to Emmenthal don't you think?

Reminds me of more than a few managers I've known. Gives out wrong instruction and is surprised when the product ain't what was expected.

Fungus
    I may not be the best manager in the world, but because I came up through the ranks as a techie, my failings are political rather than technical.
    I'm working on that though and I believe my team respect me, because I understand the technical side of the work.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Mazda 6's are meant to be good, new one looks ok too.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        I may not be the best manager in the world, but because I came up through the ranks as a techie, my failings are political rather than technical.
        I'm working on that though and I believe my team respect me, because I understand the technical side of the work.
        Hey, that's not fair. You are no longer the annoying itchy rat I used to know. I am even starting to feel sympathetic about you.

Unless you are just being a misleading weasel. I am sure that as a kid you used to play the trick that during fights you were hurt so the other would come and give you a hand and you will then kick him in the balls.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Hey, that's not fair. You are no longer the annoying itchy rat I used to know. I am even starting to feel sympathetic about you.

Unless you are just being a misleading weasel. I am sure that as a kid you used to play the trick that during fights you were hurt so the other would come and give you a hand and you will then kick him in the balls.
          Like I said, working on my political skills ...

BTW The only person I would fight is a one-legged dwarf.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
            Mazda 6's are meant to be good, new one looks ok too.
            I'd second that.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

"£15k? The best E Class Merc Diesel I can find for the money.",

here in Sausage Land, ask any taxi driver and they will tell you the latest shape E class is a bag of electrical trouble

get the last shape or avoid mercedes, these days the quality has gone down the toilet

Milan.

Comment

Thinking Outside the Box

How about this? All yours for £14250 and will run for ever (1,000,000 miles at least). Plenty of room for luggage and can be used by your brother/cousin when you're not using it to generate some extra revenue. With the sort of mileage the average Joe does you may never need another car again.

Patons Taxiworld

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  If I had £15K for a car, my shortlist to try would include

Clio V6 255
                  BMW M Roadster (the Z3 with the big engine)
                  Vauxhall VX 220 Turbo
                  A pimped Supra Turbo (would have to have purple flip paint and mental Jap bodykit)

Or, if the too-toot public sector .NET gravy train keeps pace, downpayment on a Lambo Gallardo.
                  vx220 turbo- good call, 2.2 litre vauxhall engine is better than the rover k series in the elise, however toyota engined elise is good.

Z3 m series- poor chasis which cannot cope with the power hence over 50% of them were written off.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X