• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best value motor under £15K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    Are you always that useless at work too?

What does it mean best motor for 15k? To do what? To drive it in the city? To drive it in the motorway? Do you have a parking space? Do you care about space or safety or speed or .....??????

No wonder you are the lowest paid manager in the whole London, you are just so shallow and useless with the depth of an emmenthal slice.
    That's a bit cruel to Emmenthal don't you think?

Reminds me of more than a few managers I've known. Gives out wrong instruction and is surprised when the product ain't what was expected.

Me? Well I wouldn't mind a Mazda MX5 for a laff, but something boring like a Ford Focus might be my next vehicle.

A used Porsche 911 is said to be a good bet: good resale value - if you don't decorate a tree with it - and very reliable.

Fungus

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      Yes I got WRX and the WRX Sti mixed up. A bit of an ugly car but bang per buck it's a bargain.
      funny that a lot of my mates refer to my missus as "Scooby"

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
        funny that a lot of my mates refer to my missus as "Scooby"
        Hmmm, wasn't Scooby a dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          15 K to spend.
          Second hand
          4 year old Honda s2000
          18 month old Chrysler crossfire (not class leading but depreciate really quick, so good value after used)
          Lexus IS200 - better than a BMW 3 series, more exclusive and bullet proof.
          8 year old Merc SL320
          5 year old Fiat Coupé and change for the insurance
          5 year old Ford Cougar and change for the tyre changes
          5 year old Merc 190 2.5d and a lot of change.

Comment

1992 Rover 420 - £25.

I'll even throw in the 5 litre can of oil it will need after a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
              1992 Rover 420 - £25.

I'll even throw in the 5 litre can of oil it will need after a couple of weeks.

Is the oil to pour over the car to help it burn when you apply a match?

Comment

If I had £15K for a car, my shortlist to try would include

Clio V6 255
                BMW M Roadster (the Z3 with the big engine)
                Vauxhall VX 220 Turbo
                A pimped Supra Turbo (would have to have purple flip paint and mental Jap bodykit)

Or, if the too-toot public sector .NET gravy train keeps pace, downpayment on a Lambo Gallardo.

Comment

£15k? The best E Class Merc Diesel I can find for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    £15k? The best E Class Merc Diesel I can find for the money.
                    I thought E class mercs were a bit iffy these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
                      I thought E class mercs were a bit iffy these days?
                      The one that you're going to get will be an older one.

As for iffy? A mate of mine has just bought a new one (petrol) and he's very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X