• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best value motor under £15K

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB
    For the sake of at least one decent answer and because I'm thinking of buying one anyway.....

New model Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Vector Sport.

Low milage 04/05 plates around 15k.

Looks good, better performance and economy than a Jag or a BMW and better spec for the money. Only down side is, it's not a Jag or a BMW.
    Thanks Dave B. That's one I hadn't considered. Not bothered about the badge myself. Just want a bit of fun. I was thinking hot hatch - Seat Leon Cupra or Honda Civic Type R. Won't be doing much motorway driving.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh alright.

young man in me says a 3/4 year-old Focus RS Turbo, maybe a 1/2 year old Seat Leon

sensible family man in me says a Honda Accorda 2.2 turbodiesel, get one on an 04/05 plate specc-ed up to the eyeballs & does best part of 45/gallon.

old man in me says a 7/8 year-old Jag XK8. f**k the environment, who cares about fuel economy.

tragically, having gone through the same thought process as you, I then bought a Merc as I have aspirations.....
      Plan A is located just about here.
      If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Sorry, Oh Great One, I just couldn't resist...
        That's okay, trusty minion, at least you didn't suggest...

Comment

With £15k to spend I would buy this...

http://www.americancarsuk.com/Ford_C...MCH/page01.htm

...and leave £10k in the bank. For petrol.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

And use the 15k as the deposit for another flat.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

If we are talking imports...here's a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
                I warned you

Comment

15 K to spend.

New in no order.

Hyundai coupe
                  Toyota celica 1.8 VVTi
                  Toyota MR2 (best 2 seater roadster below 20k)
                  Honda Civic type R (best hot hatch)
                  Subaru Impreza WRi ( best performance for money parallel import at this money)
                  Golf GTtdi (torque performance with economy)

Second hand
                  4 year old Honda s2000
                  18 month old Chrysler crossfire (not class leading but depreciate really quick, so good value after used)
                  Lexus IS200 - better than a BMW 3 series, more exclusive and bullet proof.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    15 K to spend.

New in no order.

Hyundai coupe
                    Toyota celica 1.8 VVTi
                    Toyota MR2 (best 2 seater roadster below 20k)
                    Honda Civic type R (best hot hatch)
                    Subaru Impreza WRi ( best performance for money parallel import at this money)
                    Golf GTtdi (torque performance with economy)

Second hand
                    4 year old Honda s2000
                    18 month old Chrysler crossfire (not class leading but depreciate really quick, so good value after used)
                    Lexus IS200 - better than a BMW 3 series, more exclusive and bullet proof.
                    correction should it not be a Subaru WRX ?

Comment

Yes I got WRX and the WRX Sti mixed up. A bit of an ugly car but bang per buck it's a bargain.
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X