• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever seen a McDs close down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Lots of lovely fat humans
    ...and spotty chavs whose zits burst onto the food as they're preparing it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

And yet those making disparaging remarks about McDonalds will happily go and buy a Kebab or some other dross after a few beers, and will then presumably become ill.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        And yet those making disparaging remarks about McDonalds will happily go and buy a Kebab or some other dross after a few beers, and will then presumably become ill.
        Not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          ...and spotty chavs whose zits burst onto the food as they're preparing it.
          Thanks for that

Comment

Not me.
            Me neither, though after having a quick squint at what comprises a Kebab, they are perhaps not as bad as they appear. To me they look like cylinders of mixtures of mechanically recovered meat of dubious origin left to fester in a warm environment until such time that the purveyors notice that customers are becoming ill before they even leave the premises.

Comment

I dont mind a Nandos now and again or a Fish and Chips but that about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Me neither, though after having a quick squint at what comprises a Kebab, they are perhaps not as bad as they appear. To me they look like cylinders of mixtures of mechanically recovered meat of dubious origin left to fester in a warm environment until such time that the purveyors notice that customers are becoming ill before they even leave the premises.
                Ah yes, and you should see the Dutch FEBO; Homepage

These are places which put the fast 'food' in little heated compartments and the customers put a coin in a slot to release said 'food'. The kebab/frikadel/kroket thingy may have festered in the heated compartment for some hours at a temperature optimized for bacterial growth before consumption. Very popular among Dutch people, I have yet to meet another foreigner who would even consider placing said sample in his mouth.

Comment

Ah yes, and you should see the Dutch FEBO; Homepage

These are places which put the fast 'food' in little heated compartments and the customers put a coin in a slot to release said 'food'. The kebab/frikadel/kroket thingy may have festered in the heated compartment for some hours at a temperature optimized for bacterial growth before consumption. Very popular among Dutch people, I have yet to meet another foreigner who would even consider placing said sample in his mouth.
                  I've had them a few times. Over in Enschede the other day we saw a couple and were tempted but decided to have a nice coffee and cake instead.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I've had them a few times. Over in Enschede the other day we saw a couple and were tempted but decided to have a nice coffee and cake instead.
                    Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                      After McDonald's packed up and moved on, the building turned into an Irish bar. Perhaps deliberately, they've left the original McDonald's floor tiles in place. Patrons could often be seen staring at the floor, wondering why that tile pattern looked so familiar.
                      Well if an Irish Bar isn't a big old franchise I don't know what is, they're all over the bloody place. At the Channel you'll see these Irish juggernauts and half of them are full of Irish knik-knaks to use in the places, and most of them are crap and expensive.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X