• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'I am Spartacus'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    You think it's funny to threaten to blow up an airport? No doubt you know this person personally and can vouch he's not actually a fruitloop?

Because people don't actually do stuff like this do they.

The law is meant to be objective, in otherwords, it doesn't matter if you're billy golden balls who wouldn't harm a fly, it's still an offence.

The Actus reus is the physical act in publishing the message on twitter, the Mens rea would be the intent that went behind his decision to post the message. An example; someone picked up your phone and typed that twitter message onto it as a joke, but never sent it and placed it down. You then pick up the phone and inadvertently send the message. There is no Mens rea, you did not intend to publish the message. This chimp quite clearly did.

And quite how anyone can think they can make public statements like that and get away with it astounds me. Seriously.
    It is very much the difference between what we say in private and what we will admit to in public.

Unfortunately with the popularity of tw@tter and facebook people forget that they are in the public domain and speak what's on their mind, forgetting that there is an audience out there.

The mind boggles at what carp people will publish in the public domain.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

(2) Sends a message (or causes a message to be sent) that he knows is false that is for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety

That's it, I am shutting down my sasguru sockie for good...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

That's it, I am shutting down my sasguru sockie for good...
        I think half the posters would be done for rights on here.

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Communications Act 2003 (c. 21) - Statute Law Database

(1) Sends a message (or causes a message to be sent) that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character;

(2) Sends a message (or causes a message to be sent) that he knows is false that is for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety

Phew. Lucky my use of "Cretin", "Village Idiot" and "Moron" is strictly factual.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Phew. Lucky my use of "Cretin", "Village Idiot" and "Moron" is strictly factual.

maybe so.
            but the use of 'guru' in your handle should be worth a six month stretch

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Trust me, you've got a lot more than just those three CUK titles.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
              X