• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emperor's new clothes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    But, but, but......I've got a laptop for that?!
    My laptop dropped on the floor (I had it on my exercise bike), and the screen smashed so I had to either get a new laptop or the IPad.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
      I have an Ipad and I really like it as a portable web/email device. The thing that does it for me is its battery life, it lasts days on end. Its just easy to grab it and start surfing, in the bog, in bed etc
      Why would you want internet access "in the bog"?

Actually, please don't answer that one. That's all I'm going to think about next time someone offers me a go on their iPad. Put into same category as free peanuts on the bar.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I don't get the iPad either, maybe I'm a luddite, but I don't feel the need for one. I certainly wouldn't spend £500 on one, I don't think I'd be happy spending >£100 on one either. I don't much like typing on a touch screen either.

I've got a big laptop for my main computing needs and a netbook for when I'm travelling, Slingbox, browsing etc, I suppose if I really felt the need to surf the net while on the bog then the netbook would do the job.

I've got an Android phone and that's fine for what it is, but do I want a bigger one that doesn't do a great deal more or I can't do on my netbook? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Why would you want internet access "in the bog"?

Actually, please don't answer that one. That's all I'm going to think about next time someone offers me a go on their iPad. Put into same category as free peanuts on the bar.
          I like to read on the bog, and I don't think I am the only one on the planet. In fact

Comment

My laptop dropped on the floor (I had it on my exercise bike), and the screen smashed so I had to either get a new laptop or the IPad.
            Yeah, fair enough, I can see your point then.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ipad 2 will be a must have

Comment

Ipad 2 will be a must have
                What happened there? A minute ago, you posted something about 'I can't afford an IPAD', editing someone else's post. That's disappeared. How did you manage that?
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  What happened there? A minute ago, you posted something about 'I can't afford an IPAD', editing someone else's post. That's disappeared. How did you manage that?
                  I posted a unfunny joke, but decided to change it.

Comment

I like to read on the bog, and I don't think I am the only one on the planet. In fact
                    Does the wife/partner have their own? I'm not too sure mine would be keen to share if I took it into the bog with me.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Does the wife have her own? I'm not too sure mine would be keen to share if I took it into the bog with me.
                      Why? I don't wipe my arse with it, unless I have somehow managed to open the Daily Mail website. Wife has a Mac, she tends not to use the Ipad much, not sure why??

Comment

Working...
                      X