• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emperor's new clothes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I posted a unfunny joke, but decided to change it.
    Directed at me?

I assumed you had, but your post doesn't show that it was edited.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Directed at me?

No it wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Directed at me?

If you are really quick it doesn't show that it has been edited.

Comment

Why? I don't wipe my arse with it, unless I have somehow managed to open the Daily Mail website.
          I just can't imagine coming out of a stinky bog and handing it to straight to the wife so she can order shoes or such like whilst she's eating an egg sandwich, some things should be kept separate from the dumping ground in my mind.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            If you are really quick it doesn't show that it has been edited.
            Ah, I see. Ta.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I just can't imagine coming out of a stinky bog and handing it to straight to the wife so she can order shoes or such like whilst she's eating an egg sandwich, some things should be kept separate from the dumping ground in my mind.
              Where do you keep your toothbrushes?

Comment

Where do you keep your toothbrushes?
                I know, I struggle with that one.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I know, I struggle with that one.
                  I know what you mean though, think ill get the detol out and give it a wipe when I get home.

Comment

I like to read on the bog, and I don't think I am the only one on the planet. In fact
                    Yeah me too - I found a great little invention pretty cheap to

Great Link

Comment

My brother has an ipad, it looks nice but it doesn't really do any more than my 4 year old tablet pc. It is the apps that make it.

If they kept the phone features and included a bluetooth headset, at least you could use it as a phone as well.

My wife has a kindle - its a nice item but it is limited. It is better than a book: smaller, lighter, easier to use, can even read it out loud for the deaf (although in monotone) but I don't want one for Christmas.
                      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                      X