• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dark Side of the Moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine
    - you've seen the strat before
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it in 1974 and what was the premium(if any)?

Comment

i paid £150 for it....

Comment

play list

i have my screen on 1600x1200 at 76hz and when i used winamp it came on so small so i double sized it but the play list refuses to double size so it looks goffy and i can barely read the songs.. is there a way to get the playlist to grow?
        Last edited by scotspine; 30 April 2006, 15:13.

Comment

Why the feck have you posted these links? In the vain chance that someone will click on them?

Scots, do your stuff.

wow! asked to moderate. too good to pass up!
          Last edited by scotspine; 30 April 2006, 15:14.

Comment

You silly old fart. Glad I'm not old like you.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Wow, it worked!

Comment

I have just had one of my singing in the bath sessions, a rare event as I very rarely have a bath. Selections from West Side Story, sea shanties, Corries, Ray Charles, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Billy Holiday, Stones, all the good stuff before music degenerated into crappiness post 1974. But I couldn't actually remember (since I was only 2 when it came out) who Dark Side Of The Moon was was by, Pink Floyd?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Good music didn't die in '74 - it just became obscure ... here's an example from '90 which destroys DSOTM completely:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000189O/
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Watched the documentary about DSOTM yet again last Friday.

Quality stuff.

It alarms me somewhat to remember that I first heard it coming out of the room across the corridor in the hall of residence in 1973. At 3.00 a.m.

Mickey Cham. Wonder whatever happened to him.
                    I first heard it in 1968, listening to live transmissions from Apollo 8 as they went out of radio contact..

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Impossible. DSOTM will live forever...
                      Shame Floyd fans won't live forever...

FOTN - Elizium is like a DSOTM that doesn't make you want to slit your wrists, therefore prolonging your life.
                      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                      X