• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free touchdown space in London for contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you can connect to anyone's wireless network nowadays!!

Amcdonald,

I'm betting you don't live in London. The muggers might mug YOU because you probably look like a victim:lol , but plenty of Londoners, including me, carry their kit around with no probs.

Comment

Re: you can connect to anyone's wireless network nowadays!!

So you'd wander round London at 2am with a laptop in your hand happily using the nearest hotspots.

I'm often working in London at night and need wi-fi for ftp'g rather large amounts of data and no I haven't been mugged yet

But then again I manage to lug around two digital SLR's, a laptop and about 6 different lenses and still don't need to make it look obvious I'm a target.

In fact the only placed I've been mugged is Munich, and even there its stretching the description as I attacked two people who were trying to mug me and quickly did a runner :hat

Comment

Working...
      X