• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US prepares military blitz against Iran's nuclear sites

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US prepares military blitz against Iran's nuclear sites

I'm disappointed some of you aren't keeping an eye on the ball

From the Sunday Telegraph :

"Strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Teheran's efforts to develop an atomic bomb."

http://tinyurl.com/bebul

I have a strong suspicion that those who are ranting about Islam are being 'played' and 'fed'.
    Last edited by NoddY; 12 February 2006, 19:21. Reason: spelling

Maybe. It would be a worry if some form of high level plan had not been discussed. It will not be the states this time though. Israel took delivery of special bunker buster missiles that can be launched from a sub in 2004. They required extensive mods to their subs apparently because it's quite a difficult thing to launch bunker busters from a sub. I've no idea why though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I can't for the life of me understand why North Korea & Iran figure so high.

It's not as if they are likely to be able to create 19,000 workable nukes any time soon...
      But they could hand enriched uranium over to terrorists. Doesn't take much to make a crude nuclear bomb and even less for a "dirty" conventional bomb, and it helps if the terrorists can live with, er, dying of radiation sickness brought about by carrying the bomb.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        But they could hand enriched uranium over to terrorists. Doesn't take much to make a crude nuclear bomb and even less for a "dirty" conventional bomb, and it helps if the terrorists can live with, er, dying of radiation sickness brought about by carrying the bomb.
        And it doesn't take much to let it off in the middle of London.

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd
          It's quite a difficult thing to launch bunker busters from a sub. I've no idea why though.
          The water puts out the rocket's fiery bit.

Comment

There are supposed to be radiation detectors at the ports
            Do you have to call into a port before sailing a barge from the North Sea up the Thames as far as, say, the Houses of Parliament?

Comment

Good point.

Drain the Thames.
              Or introduce ID cards.

Comment

Good point.

Drain the Thames.
                I thought it was a drain.

Comment

With regards to North Korea and Iran, the Cold War is over, we have to be frightened of something to justify the massive military spend!

Comment

Means nothing, would not susprise me if strategists at the Pentagon had a plan to deal with an invasion of 4 legged hippy's from the 8th dimension.

It's what they get paid for, to create plans for everything and anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X