• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two-jabs wades into Cameron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two-jabs wades into Cameron

Here he is.

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has launched Labour's first direct attack on Conservative leader David Cameron. He told the party's spring conference Mr Cameron was an untrustworthy "chameleon" with "no substance".
    Being an untrustworthy chameleon with no substance hasn't done Tony Blair any harm.

I'm still trying to work out how two-jabs ever got into parliament, let alone been deputy leader of the government for nine years.

Can anyone tell me anything he has ever got right?

I think he has (so far) managed to keep the unions more or less is check which for a labour prime minister is a massive challenge to say the least.

Just wait until Gaydon's "economic miracle" starts to fall apart (which has started already) and then lets see just how useful slugger prescot really is with more millitant unions

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Not joining the Conservative party?

Comment

[QUOTE=wendigo100]Here he is.

Being an untrustworthy chameleon with no substance hasn't done Tony Blair any harm.
        QUOTE]

Well thats just a lie, Prescott doesn't know what a chameleon is, what it does or in which context to use it in. What's probably nearer the truth is that somebody helped him learn how to pronounce the word, gave him several months coaching on soundbite/quote delivery then it pops up on the BBC's website - attributed to Mr 'sub-moron' Prescott.

In anticipation of Mr Prescotts hard work and dedication to learning another quote is expected any day now unfortunately I fear the lag between a noteworthy event and Prescotts ability to string a topical sentence together may confuse us all however a well formed comment born out of prescotts and his teams blood sweat and tears about the Tusami is probably worth waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          There's plenty:

The improvements that resulted from his integrated transport policy.

The lane on the M4 reserved for ministers.

The success of the Kyoto environmental agreement.

The UK regional assemblies he set up in preparation for full integration with the EU.

Housing development on the green belt ("The green belt is a Labour achievement, and we are going to build on it".)

Demolition of 200,000 houses to make way for the building of 150,000 houses.

His elocution.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
            Demolition of 200,000 houses to make way for the building of 150,000 houses.
            But isn't the shortfall to be built on the flood plains of the Thames Estuary?

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
              But isn't the shortfall to be built on the flood plains of the Thames Estuary?
              His hobby is scuba diving. I think he wants everyone to join in.

The whole housing problem was created by record low numbers of new build in the first years of the New Lier government.

Comment

Working...
              X