• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clive Sinclair - at it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    former Miss England 36 years his junior
    and to think... I didn't make a lunge some years back for that girlie agent because of the 11 years age gap.....

...plus I was married

...plus I ain't a millionaire
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Just a moment; the UK economy is crying out for innovative people who can do useful stuff with technology. Sir Clive Sinclair might have had a couple of silly ideas, but he's done some good stuff too, and I don't think IT people should be mocking too much when a British technologist is trying to make a success of things. I'm not sure this idea will really make a lot of money, but I think Sir Clive could be very helpful if he was contracted by HM Government instead of some of the consultancy knobheads that currently 'advise' on technology. A giggle, sure, but a generally approving giggle and a round of for an eccentric who probably got a lot of us started in computing.
      If an "updated" C5 is the best he can come up with after 30 years in the wilderness, I think I'll stick with Bob. Reluctantly.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Just a moment; the UK economy is crying out for innovative people who can do useful stuff with technology. Sir Clive Sinclair might have had a couple of silly ideas, but he's done some good stuff too, and I don't think IT people should be mocking too much when a British technologist is trying to make a success of things. I'm not sure this idea will really make a lot of money, but I think Sir Clive could be very helpful if he was contracted by HM Government instead of some of the consultancy knobheads that currently 'advise' on technology. A giggle, sure, but a generally approving giggle and a round of for an eccentric who probably got a lot of us started in computing.
        Wasn't he advising the govt at some point?

Unfortunately he always reminded me of the Bearded One.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          ... but have you seen his missus!!

fnarrrrr
          AtW. There's hope for you yet!!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            and to think... I didn't make a lunge some years back for that girlie agent because of the 11 years age gap.....

...plus I was married

...plus I ain't a millionaire
            and don't forget as ugly as John Merrick wearing lipstick.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              and don't forget as ugly as John Merrick wearing lipstick.
              What's the long term prognosis for this relationship though? E.g. when he gets old and ugly.

Comment

What's the long term prognosis for this relationship though? E.g. when he gets old and ugly.
                the money runs out
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Watched that play Micro Men again the other day. Great stuff.

Alexander Armstrong outstanding as Sir Clive. Not sure how much dramatic license was involved but if he was anything like Armstrong's portrayal of him, he was an egotistical monster with delusions of godhood.

Perhaps the resurection of the hopeless C5 tells us that he man is so firmly convinced of his own genius that such a good idea can't be kept down.

Corking missus he's got tho.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Not bad for a guy who looked like this, at his peak:
                    I saw him wandering around at the PCW show at Earl's Court in 1987. The top of his head was positively refulgent under the bright lights of the exhibition hall

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I saw him wandering around at the PCW show at Earl's Court in 1987. The top of his head was positively refulgent under the bright lights of the exhibition hall
                      Well let's see if it is all about brains? Nick is the same age as Clive so we can check out his 'bird' at the Xmas do and make our own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X