• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Do you still have the box your computer came in?
    Yeah why?

Comment

Originally posted by mango View Post
      Yeah why?
      I think I know what's going to happen here. I once worked on a helpdesk too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Amazing, and now you earn the coin as a contractor? My plan is to end up at google in the states. I think they have the best programming environment. I aplied a few months ago but nothing yet, dont know if it got there.

Comment

My plan is to end up at google in the states. I think they have the best programming environment. I aplied a few months ago but nothing yet, dont know if it got there.
          You could apply direct to work for Google in London. Their offices are very nice.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            You could apply direct to work for Google in London. Their offices are very nice.
            Ok good point, I want sure if the London one was just for sales people.

Comment

Ok good point, I want sure if the London one was just for sales people.
              Here's a job for you. Apparently Google needs someone to optimise their web site.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Yeah why?
                Oh, no particular reason. Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Shame there's no 'innocently whistling' smiley.

Comment

You could start working for google as a volunteer to prove your value; why not start by going through the dictionary from A to Z, then pasting the words between " www." and " .com" in the adress bar on your browser? Write down the results in a sort of Samuel Johnson style, and send your manuscript in to HR; I'm sure they'll find work for you!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I want to be a programmer its been my dream since I was 36.
                      Can you recall your moment of revelation when this dream became clear to you? I wonder what prompted it?

What were you doing before then? It seems you're currently working in support. How do you enjoy that?

Just curious like.

EDIT: why not try this test and see if you're cut out to be programmer?
                      http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/tests/computer-test.htm
                      Last edited by Platypus; 5 November 2010, 14:13.

Comment

Working...
                      X