• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm moving to France!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eternalnomad
    Immigrants accounted for 7% of the total population in August 2001
    Still quite below then. Not so sure that going to France is the right move if you hope to find less immigration. Beware, they are even more posh for the accent and they will pretend they don't understand your french 'cos your accent is different (they can even behave worse than English from this point of view ).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
      Our "open door" policy hasnt worked and one day will come back to haunt the citizens of this country.
      Its not so much that this country has an open door policy but more that this country doesnt screen those who come here from the less desireable parts of the world (like Pakistan, crapbluckistan, Australia etc).

When I moved here the rings and hoops we had to jump through were a joke...yet...had we been radical islamic militants seeking asylum we would have been given a house, massive government benefits and immediate permanent residency! Seems to be they are letting the wrong group of people in (since us law abiding, economically productive kiwis are a real catch for this country )

Of course the downside of Frances move is that all the scum that would have gone to France will now end up here!

Mailman

Comment

>25) What do you think when a man in Germany is married to two women at >the same time?

I think that Germany makes some of the finest action films in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Still quite below then. Not so sure that going to France is the right move if you hope to find less immigration. Beware, they are even more posh for the accent and they will pretend they don't understand your french 'cos your accent is different (they can even behave worse than English from this point of view ).

that was 7% in 2001 - methinks it will have increased substantially since then.

Remember the 7% is based on the legal immigrants

I will try to find more recent stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
            >25) What do you think when a man in Germany is married to two women at >the same time?

I think that Germany makes some of the finest action films in the world.
            Spilt tea all over my keyboard
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              "In 2004, there were 4.5 million immigrants aged over 18 living in France, or 9.6 percent of the population (compared to 8.9 percent in 1999."

How many in UK?
              Net migration into the UK has averaged 166,000 a year over the last 7 years (1,162,000).

http://www.migrationwatch.co.uk/
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Je suis une frog mais pas une frog noire

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Riley
                  Je suis une frog mais pas une frog noire
                  Racist Frog!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Net migration into the UK has averaged 166,000 a year over the last 7 years (1,162,000).

http://www.migrationwatch.co.uk/

Does this include women comming from Eastern Europe to marry rich contractors ?

Comment

Probably, but it's easier to claim asylum than going through the application for permanent residence.

And that's just the government figures of known immigration.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X