• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Lord!! Can this be true?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I thought you would have learned by now, dont leave it too late, get yourself covered

Ill wait till im standing before him then ask to join, I know there will be a charge.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      And there's you been doing it for years without even realising.

Comment

I used to like that little peppa pig character until i watched the cartoon, they snort as they speak.

disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I can't believe you felt the need to explain that joke.

You are equally at liberty to call it brainwashing if it means people actually realise Christianity is quite extreme. Of course I claim it's real in one case and cultish rubbish in another, but that's my viewpoint. Apathy is worse than persecution in many ways.

The thing with Alpha though is it exists only as a forum to get people talking. There shouldn't be pressure to convert, just watching a video on "what we think" and then chatting without the Christians telling people what the right answers are, but facilitating discussions. No question, they want people to "see the truth" but it is focused on letting people draw their conclusions, on the basis that "the truth" doesn't need us to trick people.

Pentecostal is a reasonable background to think about Alpha, however generally a more restrained English version. Technically, "Charismatic" is the term we use although I don't know what Alpha identifies itself as.

Tongues and falling over (like on the God Channel only less cheesy) are relevant although different churches no doubt come at it from different angles. Also, spontaneous healings, etc. Basically, stuff from the book of Acts... which is short and action-packed as a story if you can get away from the fact "it's the bible".
          What a load of complete drivel.
          Alpha course, scientology etc etc - panaceas for the moronic and weak-minded.

I like Christopher Hitchens who has just discovered he has cancer. "Why me?" he says and goes on to answer "...the cosmos barely bothers to answer - why not?". Now that's how it is. Nothing more, nothing less.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            What a load of complete drivel.
            Alpha course, scientology etc etc - panaceas for the moronic and weak-minded.

I like Christopher Hitchens who has just discovered he has cancer. "Why me?" he says and goes on to answer "...the cosmos barely bothers to answer - why not?". Now that's how it is. Nothing more, nothing less.
            the most sensible thing you've ever said

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
              the most sensible thing you've ever said
              Various people keep saying that for various posts.
              I must be very sensible indeed
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Doesn't sound dis-similar to some Consulting skills workshops, team building exercises and other some such b0ll0x that Ihave been on in my perm time.

But then again there isn't a fully expensed pi55-up at the end of the day, well not the last time I went to church there wasn't.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

You generally get a free meal at an Alpha session. Quite a few are held in pubs but I don't think it's a free bar normally, or we'd see far more 'spiritual' outpourings.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You generally get a free meal at an Alpha session. Quite a few are held in pubs but I don't think it's a free bar normally, or we'd see far more 'spiritual' outpourings.
                    Amen!
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X