• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Graduate unemployment has risen to its highest level for 17 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I don't work in IT.

I'm a (Chartered) Engineer.
    I also don't work in IT. I'm just a Gigolo.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The skills shortage is real, you only have to observe some posters on here just to see ignorance. Lack of foreign lanugauges is an example,. One poster resorted to Babel Fish to translate a fairly straight forward German article and still didn't understand it.
      Hmmm I suppose foreign languages are useful to those low-skilled itinerant jobbers who need to travel far and wide earning a pittance, rather than having an easy life earning the lucrative rewards available in the richest part of Europe, the City.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Hmmm I suppose foreign languages are useful
        Yes, they are. But from your lowly perspective, you would be far better placed trying to grasp fundamentals like arithmetic, grammatical interpretation, and averages. Try not to run before you can walk.

HTH but IDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The skills shortage is real. One has only to observe CUK posters for a while to see how many cannot reason, cannot make judgements based on the balance of probabilities, are not familiar with using data to back up theories, cannot count, don't have basic social skills in the real world, don't know how science works etc. etc.
          Of course these posters tend to be in the low paying/dead-end/dull roles - there's a reason for that.
          That would explain why you've stuck around for close to 20,000 posts.
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Hmmm I suppose foreign languages are useful to those low-skilled itinerant jobbers who need to travel far and wide earning a pittance, rather than having an easy life earning the lucrative rewards available in the richest part of Europe, the City.
            Of course if one wanted to talk to people where the real money is, like China and Japan, one might claim you are an idiot.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              So skills shortage = willing to do work better than the British and at a lower cost.
              Is there a bit missing from this sentence? I am having some trouble with it.
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I wanted to be one of those.

Sadly, I lost the will to live halfway through filling in the application form.
                It's not all boring.

IGMC

Comment

Of course 2010 is the year by which the Labour government wanted to achieve the 50% rate for further education. It's not that the "like-for-like" graduate unemployment rate has gone up - it's more that the "graduate rate" has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Of course if one wanted to talk to people where the real money is, like China and Japan, one might claim you are an idiot.
                    Ah so the real money is in China and Japan.
                    So all that money in the City is fake.
                    And I didn't even notice. My bad.
                    jeez has someone opened a moron school specially for Cukkers?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ah so the real money is in China and Japan.
                      So all that money in the City is quantitatively eased
                      And I didn't even notice. My bad.
                      jeez has someone opened a moron school specially for Cukkers?
                      FTFY
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X