• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are IT Contractors Paid Too Much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's fairly simple. If you create work for Admin to do then you get a slap.
    Also don't say things like "I wish that thread was closed and deleted" in TPD

Comment

I think the money is not enough

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
      Maybe I ve been disillusioned by working in finance but I am seeing LOTS of contracts in London for >550 for basic skills like SQL, VBA blah blah

I ve been contracting now for 18 months solid with not one day holiday and working some weekends as well

My peer group are doing the same - So holding a 12Month contract is really not that difficult

It's fair compo! You are selling your precious time. If you are 25 this is OK, you get some decent cash and can have a good time on it. If you are 35 and still on the tools, this is soul destroying. The good rates are compensation for working in an industry that is being screwed from the top down and the bottom up. By the way, i'm doing similar work to you, but i'm getting 800/day. I'm going to ask for 900/day next time I move. That's still not enough compo for my precious time spent working with jokers, pokers, chokers and cokers.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        It's fair compo! You are selling your precious time. If you are 25 this is OK, you get some decent cash and can have a good time on it. If you are 35 and still on the tools, this is soul destroying. The good rates are compensation for working in an industry that is being screwed from the top down and the bottom up. By the way, i'm doing similar work to you, but i'm getting 800/day. I'm going to ask for 900/day next time I move. That's still not enough compo for my precious time spent working with jokers, pokers, chokers and cokersjokers, smokers and midnight tokers.

Sorry, I saw Steve Miller on the TV last week

Comment

One Aussie banned, another pops up?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
            i'm getting 800/day. I'm going to ask for 900/day next time I move. That's still not enough compo for my precious time spent working with jokers, pokers, chokers and cokers.
            Hmm. I suspect that translates as roughly £160 per day.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Also don't say things like "I wish that thread was closed and deleted" in TPD
              Ban him

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Hmm. I suspect that translates as roughly £160 per day.
                His next sockie will be on 1k per day, it seems to go up with every new one he has.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
                  This was discussed yesterday night and I generally avoid discussing topics about money but it got me thinking

What other industry allows people to earn >£600 a day on a 12 month contract and with opportunities to work weekend as well.

I ask a genuine question because I ve been thinking how fortunate we all are.

What other industry allows this sort of salary to accrue and do you think contractors are paid too much
                  Paid too little, IT in the world today is of massive importance and contractors rates should be double what they were 10 years ago, not less.

Comment

Working...
                  X