• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double Summer time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't think that anyone has really suggested that.

The only proposal that I have heard of is a once-off skipping putting the clocks back one year.

I suppose I could roll with the comic version though and we could just put the clocks one hour forward each year. It would be freaky but I think it might be rather fun.
    Where does it say one-off?, its a bit unclear and I think that was what the gingerjedi was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
      Where does it say one-off?, its a bit unclear and I think that was what the gingerjedi was talking about.
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Didn't the Soviet Union have just one timezone?

Comment

I'm coordinating clock change activities this weekend at client co, one area has produced a plan which has over 400 activities. Brand new ERP system. Just service transitioned into operations - why didn't anyone check this?

They want a 6 hour outage.

400 activities twice a year, every year.

Why oh why...

T

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            The last time this was done, the Hun were busily bombing the tulipe out of us.
            It would also bring our office hours inline with most of the EU, which has got to be good, especially for The Hun who get two extra hours per day to bomb London without going into overtime. But nobody ever thinks of The Hun.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Seems a bit mad to put the clocks back just as it's starting to get dark too early already. Why don't they wait until the beginning of summer to put them back?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                It would also bring our office hours inline with most of the EU, which has got to be good, especially for The Hun who get two extra hours per day to bomb London without going into overtime. But nobody ever thinks of The Hun.
                Aargh no! I used to work at a European subsidiary of a UK company. We liked that hour's peace in the morning before the UK started work and phoning us up.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Every year this comes up in the papers as they are too bone-idle to write news stories.

It is all al load of bollocks.

What we need is flexible working, remote working and decent furkin management that allows people to be measured on results, not their ability to leave their fat arse in a chair from 9 to 5 every day.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X