• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-Nuptual Agreements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    Nope, i think they really should be mandatory (which would kill the lawyers cash cow).

Outside of the kids, by the time you hit the courts every part of a divorce is about money/possessions, basically a contract dispute where there is no written contract and a lot of negative emotions. Pre-nup is just basically putting that contract into writing, solving a lot of hassle/pain/stress/aggravation.

"Marrying the right person" is pretty immaterial, because odds are even if you do marry "the right one", you will still end up getting divorced within 20 odd years. People change over change and now that we live longer those changes can be even more pronounced, “one for me” today might be “your worst nightmare” in 20 years’ time
    What a cynical outlook. Are you divorced then?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      The hyperD will not be beaten, temporarily bruised maybe, but never, ever beaten! And will soar once more into the skies!
      Sorry to hear that, but you seam to be getting over it.

But please tell me you have not taken up karaoke
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        Sorry to hear that, but you seam to be getting over it.

But please tell me you have not taken up karaoke

Rest assured alreadypacked, although as the guitarist in my old band, the guys ‘n’ girls were kind enough to give me a go on vocals for such songs as Basketcase and Teenage Dirtbag, there is absolutely no way I would inflict my untamed voice on an unsuspecting karaoke audience!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Rest assured alreadypacked, although as the guitarist in my old band, the guys ‘n’ girls were kind enough to give me a go on vocals for such songs as Basketcase and Teenage Dirtbag, there is absolutely no way I would inflict my untamed voice on an unsuspecting karaoke audience!
          Mary Poppins I found another guitarist for you
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Mary Poppins I found another guitarist for you
            There's a lot of them about
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
            X