• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where now for house prices?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    That is why they moved out. It was 2 grand a month to keep the heating on. And the the Dad said he wanted to see the family "where you been all week Son?" "Oh just up the west wing."
    I grew up in old houses, and went to boarding school in a big old manor house; in winter, if you wanted a piss in the middle of the night, you had to walk along a freezing cold corridor, then arrive at the bog and start looking for your todger and pushing your balls back out as they'd shriveled in the cold. Then wash your hands, which cramped up due to being wet in the freezing cold. The term we used for a late night slash was 'a Captain Oates'.

I live in a modern house now and I like it.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Brings back memories of school sports; fingers so numb you couldn't do your shirt buttons up and missed the bus
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        FFS you own a search engine company. If it's no good, try Rightmove.

I seriously thought about buying a flat in your neck of the woods 15 years ago. It was the princely sum of £8K. The plan would have been to install a single mother on the social and have the DSS pay me direct. The hassle factor put me off, as the previous tenants in the pad I was renting had seriously trashed the place.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post

I seriously thought about buying a flat in your neck of the woods 15 years ago. It was the princely sum of £8K.
          You would have been better served investing your money in a cage at the local zoo and letting it out to Chimpanzees. They would have been less problematic, and tidier.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I grew up in old houses, and went to boarding school in a big old manor house; in winter, if you wanted a piss in the middle of the night, you had to walk along a freezing cold corridor, then arrive at the bog and start looking for your todger and pushing your balls back out as they'd shriveled in the cold. Then wash your hands, which cramped up due to being wet in the freezing cold. The term we used for a late night slash was 'a Captain Oates'.

I live in a modern house now and I like it.
            In my student days I spent a few winter weeks in a old house with an outside bog. I swiftly discovered that it was less painful to do a naked dash in the middle of the night than to get dressed then undressed.

I had Ye Olde Countrye Cottagee too, which cost a fortune to keep warm, Modern houses with straight walls for me nowadays and no bloody beams or Georgian windows to paint around .
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X