• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80s nostalgia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really remember the 80's too much. I went to Secondary School in 1989...

I do remember Wham though How did we not know he was gay?
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I had my own bit of 80's nostalgia recently... went to see Back to the Future at the cinema.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

In no particular order...

- Smuggling radio/cassette to school on Tuesdays to record the top 40 countdown at lunchtime
        - Spending dinner money (55p) on 10 B&H and a box of matches, then swapping 1 ciggie for a sandwich
        - Buying the tightest jeans you could find then taking them in
        - Roller disco
        - Ra-ra skirts
        - Under 18s night at the 'Regency'
        - Anti-Maggie marches with my dad
        - Grange Hill
        - Dressing like Boy George
        - Lusting after David Sylvian, and a boy from the secondary modern who looked like David Sylvian
        - Frankie say t-shirts
        - Kenny Dalglish

Comment

Roland Juno 6
          Tascam Portastudio
          Cubase 1.0 on an Atari
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Roland Juno 6
            Tascam Portastudio
            Cubase 1.0 on an Atari
            What about the 808? and the Farilight?

I had a Synare - and (don't laugh) a kind of fairlight stylee sampler for my, er, Spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              What about the 808? and the Farilight?

I had a Synare - and (don't laugh) a kind of fairlight stylee sampler for my, er, Spectrum
              808's I hated the sound and a Fairlight was way beyond my budget.

I used to program bass lines on my C64 and gig live, looked cool on stage but was a bitch waiting for the tape to load between songs.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                808's I hated the sound and a Fairlight was way beyond my budget.

I used to program bass lines on my C64 and gig live, looked cool on stage but was a bitch waiting for the tape to load between songs.
                Was it Tony Wilson that demanded factory records to buy a fairlight, I think it was coming in at 20 grand and when they said no he left, even though he owned 40% of the company. I think that was the case. Bands that had the fairlight in those days were just miles above IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Buying the tightest jeans you could find then taking them in
                  Or, as my sister used to do, sitting in a bath of (hot/cold?) water to shrink them

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Was it Tony Wilson that demanded factory records to buy a fairlight, I think it was coming in at 20 grand and when they said no he left, even though he owned 40% of the company. I think that was the case. Bands that had the fairlight in those days were just miles above IMO.
                    The Prophet 2000 was more affordable and did a decent job (I still have mine).
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                      Or, as my sister used to do, sitting in a bath of (hot/cold?) water to shrink them

Comment

Working...
                      X