• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trick or Treat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    JEEZ

please MF take that mask off before you sneak up on folks.

its not a mask - oh sorry

Why do you not like it??

Happy Halloween!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just back home from work, the power has been restored...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        who can be wound up.

Next think you've got excrement through the door.
        That's a community I wouldn't want to be a part of, thanks.

People have the right to opt out of pretending they like unannounced strangers who turn up on their doorstep. You don't need to be co-erced into having fun and giving gifts to people you like, private parties is where Halloween should be, the uninvited are.... Uninvited.

This isn't unfriendly, this is English.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
          That's a community I wouldn't want to be a part of, thanks.

People have the right to opt out of pretending they like unannounced strangers who turn up on their doorstep. You don't need to be co-erced into having fun and giving gifts to people you like, private parties is where Halloween should be, the uninvited are.... Uninvited.

This isn't unfriendly, this is English.
          ... and cold callers on the phone - like this one. NSFW.

Comment

Been out tonight with a 'crew' of 19 8yr olds. The kids only knocked at houses displaying halloween decorations and people were generous and the kids had a good time and got a good haul of sweets (mind you, with the reciprocal sweet giving it's probably an overall net 'draw').

What's the problem? All this vicious chav mob, egging, dog poo through the letterbox must be a Southern thing.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              ... and cold callers on the phone - like this one. NSFW.
              As setting up systems for call centres is a speciality of mine, I've worked around loads and listened to some great calls.

One classic was a guy who dialled out to a customer. As he did so, his colleague said something to him he didn't like and with his headphones on started to F and Blind at the guy, he then just lost the plot screaming at him, swearing. On the other end of the phone the call had connected to an answer machine and the whole lot was recorded. He got fired.

At British Gas they had an account and call where a guy phoned up pissed off about his bill and then proceeded to lose the plot, went off and got an axe and then with the phone line open and him shouting from the other side of the room started to take the gas meter off the wall with an axe!!! He landed up rupturing the pipe. In the meantime the police and gas board turned up and arrested him. All on phone. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Been out tonight with a 'crew' of 19 8yr olds. The kids only knocked at houses displaying halloween decorations and people were generous and the kids had a good time and got a good haul of sweets (mind you, with the reciprocal sweet giving it's probably an overall net 'draw').
                That pretty much describes my night in SW London. Except my crew were mostly 4 year old girls and only 6 strong.

Comment

Once again my tactic of making sure no lights are visible at the front of the house and ignoring the front door has proved entirely unnecessary as nobody knocked. I think Halloween in Britain is a myth.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Once again my tactic of making sure no lights are visible at the front of the house and ignoring the front door has proved entirely unnecessary as nobody knocked. I think Halloween in Britain is a myth.
                    On the whole you can tell which houses are interested and which are not. I told our 4 year old crew, if they don't answer it means they're not interested... so here's some old nappies off the baby just push it through the letterbox.

Comment

We had a Zombie walk in town on Saturday, which as a spectator is surprisingly unnerving. Not least because of a concern of being smeared by the blood dye they use. They also gang up and howl together, especially on cars and buses that get trapped amongst them. There were thousands of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X