• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tried Oysters for the first time this weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want an aphrodisiac take a gram of ching. The Rogano oyster bar in Glasgow used to be famous for oysters and ching, half an hour in there and yer trouser tent must have been enough for two six foot marines to sleep in.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
      If you look at an oyster shell from the front it looks like a vagina. Hence the horn effect...I think.

NSFW

Comment

Are they expensive? Maybe its implied that as you bought them for dinner you have entered into a contract of guaranteed sex, something no implicit with a Big Mac.
        They aren't really expensive at all in oyster growing areas, but tend to be eaten in expensive restaurants; it's usually the best restaurants that can be trusted to only sell really fresh oysters, sourcing them from a reputable merchant or even directly from the fisherman. A good chef will inspect each oyster before putting it on ice for you to eat; he'll be looking for signs of shrivelling or an eggy smell (even very slight signs); sure signs it's a bad oyster. Obviously the attention to detail, the very choosy sourcing, the risk of having to chuck out a few oysters and the skills involved in checking them cost money, and that's what you're paying for.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

NSFW
          That looks like an umami oyster, or possibly a 'zeeuwse platte'.

Comment

It is a myth that Oysters are an aphrodisiac. It's part of greek mythology.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Are they expensive? Maybe its implied that as you bought them for dinner you have entered into a contract of guaranteed sex, something no implicit with a Big Mac.
              Oop North, I've heard that a Big Mac does in fact imply just that.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Oop North, I've heard that a Big Mac does in fact imply just that.
                Forgive me for being pedantic, but I think you might mean that you heard that a big mac implies guaranteed nookie; I don't think you mean you heard it oop north, because something tells me you've never actually been oop north.

If you had you'd know that Fish and Chips and a can of Vimto is the northern aphrodisiac.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

NSFW
                  Does putting NSFW underneath the NSFW image really help?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The seafood place I first tried them in Sn Francisco had them $1 a go, for big ones. Hardly breaking the bank.

That was the restaurant I ate an oyster and got crabs.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

If you had you'd know that Fish and Chips and a can of Vimto is the northern aphrodisiac.
                      Now you're talking.

Oysters. Bleck.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X